Talk

Advanced search

to really resent the coin operated carousel at soft play

(2 Posts)
messybessie Sun 29-May-11 11:34:39

I've just paid a tenner to get in and inside there's a little carousel that costs a pound.

To make things worse, it seats 3 children so inevitably creates free rider problem (literally).

One little girl just had a go and ds's followed it round like locusts. They got on when it stopped. I told them I had no change so they couldn't have a turn. I told them we were leaving shortly so they could either sit and waste time or go play. They sat there for a few minutes then went back to the soft play. However as soon as they were off the woman put MORE money in so her daughter could have another turn.

I'm not really cross with her, although think it was a bit petty, but more the fact that it exists at all to create such tension.

Felt the need to rant.

worraliberty Sun 29-May-11 11:51:25

I'm not really cross with her

I should think not! grin

These things are everywhere. Kids have to get usd to not being able to go on them when their parents say no.

I know it's a bummer, but there are lots of temptations around that they have to get used to not having.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: