Talk

Advanced search

to leave Dh asleep in Dd's bed?

(19 Posts)
Chamomile Sat 28-May-11 22:10:49

Asked DH to put Dd (5) to bed tonight as I was sitting up with Ds's to watch Man U match. Should I go to bed in my lovely v spring king size bed alone and leave him in dd's hard, single or wake him up so he can sleep in comfort but keep me awake with his snoring?( he only puts DD to bed about once every three weeks)

AgentZigzag Sat 28-May-11 22:12:53

Leave him there if it won't disturb your DD.

Happymm Sat 28-May-11 22:14:38

Aah, leave him there and enjoy the peacegrin

Poppyella Sat 28-May-11 22:14:45

Definitely leave him there! Hope you get a good nights sleep without the snoring!! He can always make his way back to your bed if he wakes up.

YANBU!

IgnoringTheChildren Sat 28-May-11 22:22:55

My DH also fell asleep while putting our DS1 (3) to bed tonight! grin Unfortunately DS1 had napped in the car this afternoon and was therefore not asleep, or even anywhere near it, but was quietly reading books to himself! I asked him if he was going to wake daddy up and he did... by "tickling" him (DS1 is not good at tickling - it feels more like being jabbed repeatedly, particularly when he hasn't had his finger nails cut in a while blush). DH was not amused!

DS1 didn't fall asleep until gone 9pm, and he didn't just read quietly for the 1.5 hours past his bedtime either but made a general nuisance of himself angry. I clearly need to find some way to make his car seat too uncomfortable to sleep in or stop taking him out until he's 10...

Chamomile Sat 28-May-11 22:23:41

Yeah. That's what I thought. Doesn''t happen very often. It's more likely DD will wander through for a snuggle.

IgnoringTheChildren Sat 28-May-11 22:23:43

Oh - I forgot to say YANBU!

AgentZigzag Sat 28-May-11 22:25:23

He's a fair swap for your non snoring DD grin

CurrySpice Sat 28-May-11 22:27:22

It wouild actually be cruel to move him, Cruel I tell you!

Leave hime and have a good night's sleep smile

Chamomile Sat 28-May-11 22:31:03

@ignoring the children. I rememeber when my boys where littlies how annoying it was to ask Dh to put them to sleep and find him snoring away while they were sitting up ready for fun.! I don't know how they do it. I don't remember ever sleeping while my children were awake.

CurrySpice Sat 28-May-11 22:32:10

Really? I had a snooze this afternoon while the kids watched Dr Who!! blush

Chamomile Sat 28-May-11 22:36:05

How could you snooze through that! It was mega!

CurrySpice Sat 28-May-11 22:38:50

Well just to polish up my bad mother credentials further, I have never watched an episode of Dr Who, and I needed a sleep really badly because I had a hangover blush

yukoncher Sat 28-May-11 22:49:35

I would actually wake him.
Only because I fell asleep next to 4yoDS recently, and he was a bit confused and uncomfortable waking up with my presence.
Sticking to the norm for them makes them feel more secure, I think?
Also noticing him next to her might disturb her sleep really early in the morning, or if he moves or snores in the night.

IgnoringTheChildren Sat 28-May-11 22:50:57

DH usually puts DS1 to bed (even before DS2 was born and I had to go back to the whole faff of settling a baby) as some days it's the only time they get together (plus it used to free me up to put the laundry away, load the dishwasher, clean the bathroom... hmm). Anyway DH frequently manages to sing both DS1 and himself to sleep! And I don't always wake him up, although he usually manages to wake up before our "bedtime". grin

I can't berate him too much though as I've done the same, plus I frequently doze on the sofa while DS1 runs round like a maniac plays by himself! A habit I will hopefully get out of once DS2 starts sleeping though the night [hopeful that tonight will be the night he sleeps though emoticon].

IgnoringTheChildren Sat 28-May-11 22:52:45

grin at CurrySpice - a much better reason for needing a snooze in the afternoon than mine!

ChippingIn Sat 28-May-11 22:55:36

God no, never wake sleeping babies or grown men sleeping somewhere you can't hear them snoring

CurrySpice Sat 28-May-11 22:56:49

You'd think that by 43 I would have learned a lesson wouldn't you ignoring blush

I had a REALLLLLLLLLY posh dinner out with a client. And the wine flowed. It wa so swanky and exciting I got carried away blush

I am so hoping tonight is the night for your DS2 to go through the night <fingers crossed emoticon>

Chamomile Sat 28-May-11 23:23:04

Ok. Going to lift Dd as she will be happiest waking up next to me and I will feel less guilty at Dh being in the single as he wont be so squashed and I get a night with no snoring . So win win all round I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now