Talk

Advanced search

to think it is hard driving at 20mph.

(15 Posts)
5inthebed Sat 28-May-11 22:00:58

All the residential streets in our town have been changed to 20mph or are getting changed to 20mph.

I always try to stick to the speed limit, so do the 20mph, but you always get the dickheads who are driving on your bumper and overtake you. I am sick of getting beeped at and people swearing at me or doing hand gestures.

It is hard to stick to the 20mph when the roads have no parked cars on, and are quite wide. And especially so on the downhill roads where you are driving straight, no obstructions in the way.

I know it must be annoying driving behind me, especially on the roads that have just changed. I've only been driving for a year and a half, so can't afford to be done for speeding.

octopusinabox Sat 28-May-11 22:02:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FabbyChic Sat 28-May-11 22:03:16

Hey it's their problem not yours, you just stick to the speed limit.

laiyan Sat 28-May-11 22:03:51

stick to the speed limit. it was reduced for a reason. the idiots who want to speed along there will have to live with their consicences should anything awful happen

Pedallleur Sat 28-May-11 22:11:56

Drive in 3rd gear and keep a light foot on the accelerator. Ignore those behind, it is up to them if choose to break the speed limit and/or drive aggressively

Meglet Sat 28-May-11 22:14:08

Ignore the twats who drive up your backside. They'll be the idiots who get speeding points and cause accidents.

LindyHemming Sat 28-May-11 22:15:18

Lumpydumpy Sat 28-May-11 22:15:43

Agree knock it down a gear an ignore them.

5inthebed Sat 28-May-11 22:17:20

Can't change gear as drive an automatic. And I agree it is hard to drive that, but so frustrating when you have tits pushing behind you so I feel like I should speed up. Not th most confident driver to start with, had two accidents last year, neither my fault.

I was doing 20 the other week, and an arse sped past me and lo and behold got pulled over by police. I was most indignant and appluaded as I tootled past at 20 blush

redexpat Sat 28-May-11 22:21:03

Tap your breakpedal. Turns on the light and hopefully they'll back off.

BeerTricksPotter Sat 28-May-11 22:22:03

xstitch Sat 28-May-11 22:27:32

If they want to break the speed limit its their problem not yours. I have only driven an automatic once it had a button to allow you to temporarily change up or down a gear for situations like these. Does your car have that?

5inthebed Sat 28-May-11 22:31:14

Yes my car has that, never used it though blush

DH got me an automatic after the first crash as my confidence totally ruined re driving. Been loving the automatic and never though of using the gears.

Might be worth a try using it though.

xstitch Sat 28-May-11 22:32:29

You would only use it when your really ahd to so don't be embarrased. what's the point of an automatic then. I quite enjoyed driving the automatic.

fastedwina Sat 28-May-11 22:35:31

TBh, i find it really difficult to drive that slow - just doesn't seem a natural speed in a car.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: