Talk

Advanced search

To expect DH and his ex to SORT IT

(7 Posts)
mamanlucy Sat 28-May-11 20:11:49

This happens every bloody holiday.

DH and his ex never agree who is having (my) SD when during the holidays. DH won't ask her outright as he doesn't like arguments, his ex won't agree to anything unless asked outright (and not allowed to prevaricate)

So, again, we're at the first day of the holidays, and they are arguing about who should have SD when.

I like to do things during the holidays - visit friends, parents, and I think it's rude not to be able to tell them what day we'll see them and whether SD will be with us.

The DC and SD like to know what they're doing during the holidays - seeing friends/going on trips etc, and I can't organise this until I know when we have SD.

How hard is it - all they have to do is to agree who has SD first half of the holidays, and who has her the second half.
DH says I am being a nag - I just want to be able to plan to enjoy ourselves and have more than and 'dunno' answer when DC/SD ask me what we're going to do this holiday angry

Rant over

DoMeDon Sat 28-May-11 20:15:05

YABU to put up with it TBH. It is not nagging to discuss arrangements with OH. He is being ridiculous.

plebshire Sat 28-May-11 20:18:09

DP's ex does us a holiday diary that's got all their commitments in it (seeing her side of their family, for example) and then we fill in our activities. Could that ease things a little?

mamanlucy Sat 28-May-11 20:20:15

Absolutely plebshire that's what I've suggested time and time again.
But ex doesn't want to be 'tied down' and DH is too lzay to think ahead tbh.

tallulahxhunny Sat 28-May-11 20:21:14

cant you ask her mum?

cottonreels Sat 28-May-11 20:23:23

YANBU, that would really get on my nerves.

heliumballoons Sat 28-May-11 20:26:44

That would really piss me off.

Its like when you ask family if they're free to visit/ be visited on a day and they reply 'I don't know what we're doing yet' hmm

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: