Talk

Advanced search

In accepting dh's offer to drive home with car keys

(13 Posts)
Hormoneoverload Sat 28-May-11 17:07:17

dh has taken his parents hour and half drive away so I can get on with the 101 jobs that need doing before baby 3 arrives in a few weeks time. I have loads to do in the house, but also planned to do diy type trips and get remaining bits and pieces needed on a couple of shopping trips. We're all exhausted, I haven't stopped work yet and he's had a busy time at work. I feel very tearful about being home alone without our immediate transport but also know it's really not the end of the world. Should I say yes please drive home or no don't be silly I'll be fine?

Hormoneoverload Sat 28-May-11 17:08:55

Sorry - should say has taken children to his parents!

buzzsore Sat 28-May-11 17:13:23

I don't understand.

Are you wanting him to come home with/without the kids so you can use the car to go to the DIY shop? Is he supposed to be staying there overnight?

Or has he taken the keys to another car by accident?

Pancakeflipper Sat 28-May-11 17:13:51

How long is he away for? Are they back earlish Monday so you can a go to the DIY shop then DP can crack on with some DIY and you can do a few jobs then get your feet up?

justpaddling Sat 28-May-11 17:14:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

duchesse Sat 28-May-11 17:14:59

I think you should ignore the 1001 jobs and jump into bed for a well-overdue snooze while you can. When you get up, make yourself some nice food and read your book/watch telly.

Hormoneoverload Sat 28-May-11 17:21:38

Okay-have stopped being ridiculous now. Was keys to another car. Am embarrassed to have even got upset about it. Realise which side bread is buttered and that I am going to take the opportunity to do the jobs another day and chill out. Sorry. blush

Groovee Sat 28-May-11 17:22:20

I think it's all hormones, had a similar issue at 38 weeks with ds when dh took dd to his mums.

Hormoneoverload Sat 28-May-11 17:32:15

You're right groovee. The rational part of me has been taken over by the "if all bags are not packed tonight and all is not ready today then my baby can't enter the world". It's stupid and also illogical because I am not about to drop (hopefully, otherwise dh being here would be more useful than the car keys!) and even if I did, the baby would have something to wear and sleep in. So am trying to keep it in check. Think I might just be nesting....

Hormoneoverload Sat 28-May-11 17:33:03

...and acting a bit spoilt to boot.

KaraStarbuckThrace Sat 28-May-11 17:38:21

Hormone - no you re not being spoilt. I would be cross if DH had taken my car keys (actually I wouldn't but only because I have a spare set, I am presuming you don't?). However I wouldn't have expected him to drive all that way back again.
But do try and get some rest and yes you are probably being a bit hormonal, but understandably so!
How many weeks have you to go, will there be other weekends where you can get these jobs done?

buzzsore Sat 28-May-11 18:09:11

I can understand you being annoyed/upset (I hate when my plans are scuppered even when I'm not hormonal grin) but it would've been unreasonable to expect him to drive back.

Do take it as a sign to have a rest, possibly a good cry and some relaxing downtime.

Hormoneoverload Sat 28-May-11 18:12:18

Thanks, kara. Luckily I saw sense before he came home. He is such a loce that he would have cone, so up to me not to take advantage. Would have been crazy for him to come. Jobs can be done another day this week. Has made me realise how much I take two cars for granted, even though I know in my head it's a real luxury. Feet up, cuppa in hand - lucky girl.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now