Talk

Advanced search

to be furious with this awful FB status about breastfeeding?

(28 Posts)
TartyMcFarty Sat 28-May-11 15:06:41

Really appalled (but unfortunately not surprised) to read the following status on my cousin's partner's wall:
'Ye woman you just breast feed in front of me would not mind if you was fit now put them away you minger there like spanials ears'

I haven't been able to resist, and immediately replied 'Where was she supposed to do it then?' (restrained, I thought, given alll that's wrong with that statment and that I'm shaking with anger).

His response? 'Parent and child room maybe as she was only 10 feet away from it', and mine, 'But not if they were perkier?! Hmm ...'

I know I should have let it go. That side of my family is notorious for falling out and refusing to speak to each other for years on end. But this man is a father and due to be again in less than three months' time. My cousin is by no means model material - would she be 'allowed' to BF in front of him? (I din't know, we're not really close).

I'm really disappointed, This is yet another example of the ill-informed and frankly uneducated bigotry in my family that I usually just avoid or bite my tongue over. If that sounds snobbish, I don't care, it's true.

Rant [not really] over ... still fuming!

worraliberty Sat 28-May-11 15:11:29

Sounds like a stupid sense of humour to me...something between the couple.

I must admit, I can think of more serious things to 'shake with anger' about.

iwasyoungonce Sat 28-May-11 15:12:02

He sounds a right charmer. And so eloquent!

TartyMcFarty Sat 28-May-11 15:13:12

It's not to do with the couple, just a random breastfeeder he's seen out and about. Their baby is due in August. Anyway, it becomes rather more public once you put it on your FB status.

skybluepearl Sat 28-May-11 15:13:53

shes got a real catch there ... not ...
poor woman

beesimo Sat 28-May-11 15:14:38

He should of had his card stamped unsuitable for breeding then you could of sent him off to Morrison as bullock meat

Bullocks have their balls nipped at a young age they never get to be da bull!

iwasyoungonce Sat 28-May-11 15:14:38

worraliberty... I don't think he was talking about his wife? I think he was commenting on the state of the breasts of a woman he saw breastfeeding somewhere. (How very dare she).

MarianneM Sat 28-May-11 15:15:13

If I was him I would be embarrassed to write such appalling English. He is an amoeba. Don't take him seriously.

TheFlyingOnion Sat 28-May-11 15:15:55

he sounds an uneducated idiot.

Well, you know what "they" say about not being able to choose your family... rise above it.

SuePurblybilt Sat 28-May-11 15:17:17

Can you not ban him or something? I can't imagine ever wanting to read anything he's written if that exchange is anything to go by. Woeful English and ignorant opinions.

TheFlyingOnion Sat 28-May-11 15:18:04

you can block him...

worraliberty Sat 28-May-11 15:18:04

Oh I see...read it wrong sorry! smile

In that case he's a twat then grin

TheFlyingOnion Sat 28-May-11 15:18:27

or just unfriend him? Easy enough.

TartyMcFarty Sat 28-May-11 15:18:40

I can and will once I've seen where this goes. No-one else on there seems to have registered the comment!

usualsuspect Sat 28-May-11 15:18:45

Block him

FB problem solved

Happynow Sat 28-May-11 15:21:14

He's a c*nt ... but hey, no reflection on you ... can't choose your family. Distance yourself!

WeirdAcronymNotKnown Sat 28-May-11 15:24:22

what a twat.

<gavel>

fiveisanawfullybignumber Sat 28-May-11 15:28:42

Tell him at least she was doing something usefull with her breasts, whilst his still look like spaniels ears and are completely useless, like him!angry

WeirdAcronymNotKnown Sat 28-May-11 15:33:27

ooh, no, tell him "well it's better to have tits like spaniels ears, than to BE a tit like you"

TakeItOnTheChins Sat 28-May-11 15:36:22

I'd write a carefully corrected version of his status, with the corrections in bold, and then add "Oooh look - even if it was written by someone with an IQ over 23, it's still rubbish!"

TartyMcFarty Sat 28-May-11 15:39:25

I can't, I'm an English teacher. He'd think I was pulling rank!

TartyMcFarty Sat 28-May-11 20:31:35

Latest gem from another FBer (who I don't know): 'perhaps she wanted to sweep the floor with em'. Have pointed out that perhaps she wanted to feed her baby with her breastmilk rather than provide a spectacle for blokes who see breasts as existing for their own entertainment. Twats.

SockShitter Sat 28-May-11 20:36:58

Response you should have put.

Why does it matter if the woman is fit??! Do you get off at looking at women feeding babies?!

Sick fuck.

iscream Sat 28-May-11 21:15:26

Tell him it isn't all about him. For him to make crude comments only shows what an oaf he is.

TartyMcFarty Sat 28-May-11 21:18:33

To his 9dubious) credit, he has just messaged me. I am now wiping the floor with him in as amiable a way as I can muster grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now