Talk

Advanced search

Or is this the ultimate in (heavingly revolting) stingeworthiness?!

(18 Posts)
corblimeymadam Sat 28-May-11 12:20:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

UrsulaBuffay Sat 28-May-11 12:26:16

I didn't think sainsbos charged the £1, ours don't

<irrelevant>

also

eeeuuurgh!

onlion Sat 28-May-11 12:31:05

maybe, like mine, its not a pound coin but one of those trolley coins that is attached to the person's keys...so they had to click in to retrieve their keys to dash off

SarahStratton Sat 28-May-11 12:33:38

That has quite put me off my roast beef, gravy, horseradish and peas sandwich. It's got roasties and carrots in it too.

lesley33 Sat 28-May-11 12:36:05

Our sainsburys charge a £1 - depends hwo posh the area.

It is a disgusting thing for the parent to just leave it. I would at least have told a member of staff - although I would have been very embarassed.

UrsulaBuffay Sat 28-May-11 12:36:26

ooh

<is posh>

corblimeymadam Sat 28-May-11 12:40:23

corblimeymadam Sat 28-May-11 12:42:20

Bluemoonrising Sat 28-May-11 12:42:24

Maybe they did speak to customer services - after all, you did and it still hadn't been dealt with 45 minutes later!

LadyBeagleEyes Sat 28-May-11 12:44:50

That is not a sandwich, Sarah. That's Sunday lunch.
Why did you bother with the bread?

KurriKurri Sat 28-May-11 12:51:00

Sounds pretty grim.

DH went to report a trolley problem in Tesco's last week, to one of the guys collecting up the trolleys. He got a load of abuse and 'I've been working for 7 hours without a break, I can't be everywhere at once etc.'

DH told him that sounded unfair, and he should take it up with the management and offered to help the guy with the trolleys grin

fit2drop Sat 28-May-11 12:52:54

Sainsburys here, smaller trolleys have to have a pound , but the larger deeper ones don't (all very strange and totally irrelevant)
I am a bit "ewwww" that the trolley was put back with others (contamination if its a bug diarrhoea) I would have handed trolley to a trolley attendant who give coins to people who have probs with trolleys.... so maybe it was a very naughty attendant who put it there......

lesley33 Sat 28-May-11 13:01:19

Actually it could have been a trolley attendant. Although I didn't work as a trolley attendant as a teenager - I could imagine if I had slippint it back in so I didn't have to clean it. (blush)

corblimeymadam Sat 28-May-11 13:17:57

SarahStratton Sat 28-May-11 13:48:29

Ah I cheated. We had a joint of beef last night. Lunch was the leftovers made into a sandwich. It wouldn't be a sandwich without bread grin

blushingm Sat 28-May-11 14:05:05

shock <---------thtt's me about to puke
envy <----------that's me after

that's absolutely minging!!!!

MadamDeathstare Sat 28-May-11 14:12:31

UrsulaBuffay Sat 28-May-11 17:12:53

Nowhere here charges £1 except Morrisons. And I've lost my token thing I had

<deeply irrelevant now>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now