Talk

Advanced search

to be a tad upset that dd took the flowers she's given me off me to give to someone else!?

(8 Posts)
mammabelleboo Fri 27-May-11 23:07:01

5 yo dd came bounding in from school today and offered me a lovely bunch of flowers that had been shared with the little ones from some flowers which had featured in a church service..........only to then notice her favourite aunty sat sharing a cuppa with me, so she snatched them back off me and insisted on giving them to her aunty instead envy.

Said aunty got a bit flustered and insisted dd return them to me to - so she turned to me and asked if she could give them to her aunty. I put on a sunny, I don't mind face and told her to give them to whoever she wanted.......they were in 2 bunches so we eventually got a bunch each.

Talk about being 2nd fiddle - aren't I supposed to be the centre of her universe!!! To add insult to injury, I then put my few blooms into a little vase only for her to come in from playing out 1/2 hour later to ask if she could take one of my remaining prescious flowers to give to her friend's mum who lives a few doors down!

AIBU to feel a bit sad that I'm obviously not the dogs watsits I thought I was in dd's little world!

going Fri 27-May-11 23:10:53

She saw how happy you wwere reciving them and wanted to spread the joy - she's only 5!

griphook Fri 27-May-11 23:14:39

I think that you should feel really pleased that your little girl is so good at sharing and is very secure in her relationship with you. You should feel proud that you are doing a good job

midlandsmumof4 Fri 27-May-11 23:15:27

Aww bless. You have obviously taught her well, she sounds like a very loving child. You should be very proud.

midlandsmumof4 Fri 27-May-11 23:17:25

So yes.YABVVVVUR......grin.

sunshineandshowers13 Fri 27-May-11 23:18:30

think you should feel proud tbh. why would you feel sad that she loves her aunty and is being kind to her friends mum?
have a wine and allow yourself to feel a little smug that your dd is a poppet

mammabelleboo Fri 27-May-11 23:23:29

You are all so right of course, wise words. I've let the green monster take over and have missed the bigger picture! Thanks for putting that perspective on it - I am indeed a proud mummy hmm

sunshineandshowers13 Fri 27-May-11 23:25:13

good for you grin - hope the wine helped.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: