Talk

Advanced search

to think it totally unfair to bawl at your bored child when you are spending the day shopping?

(73 Posts)
mumspet Fri 27-May-11 20:11:50

I nearly welled up at the unfairness earlier today when I saw a mum yelling at her toddler who was making a fuss in the pushchair while she tried on endless garments in the changing room. OK so very judgy of me, she clearly has no-one to leave him with but why couldn't she see that that was NOT going to be a bundle of laughs for him and obviously he was going to start misbehaving? AIBU to think some people haven't any empathy for their kids at times!

cunexttuesonline Fri 27-May-11 20:14:09

Hmm, YANBU to feel sad that he was yelled at. HOWEVER, the child needs to get used to doing things that are not all geared up for him sometimes.

MooMooFarm Fri 27-May-11 20:15:46

YANBU at all. I refuse to go clothes shopping with the DC - how are you supposed to drift around for hours in a semi-coma with them there interrupting? grin

WhipMeIndiana Fri 27-May-11 20:21:03

wanksock you have the greatest name. ever.

mumspet Fri 27-May-11 20:22:02

Yes exactly MooMoo - but then I guess I have the luxury of leaving them with someone else. BUT if I do have to take them I really don't think about trying masses of stuff on with them strapped into the pushchair - just feels really selfish to me!

LordOfTheFlies Fri 27-May-11 20:30:22

No YANBU.It is very sad when toddlers get dragged round shops.I don't think they mind if they are on the move but it's when they are sat waiting.And waiting.
I know they are selfish little people and even if they've been to soft play or even a ride on the Thomas the Tank Engine or Postman Pat kids rides they don't give a bit of consideration in return.
But it makes uncomfortable shopping for others (been there,done that) and where I live (Essex) alot of the mums will shout/swear at their toddlerssad

IprivateI Fri 27-May-11 20:33:44

YABU, unless she was a chav, then YANBU.

Maybe the woman needed to buy clothes today for a special occasion over the weekend?

ShirleyKnot Fri 27-May-11 20:39:02

I nearly welled up this morning when I saw a mum desperately trying to plug a rip in the space/time continuum as she tried on clothes and strangled a kitten.

The tears almost popped out of my eyes, but I stemmed their bitter flow by remembering that I AM BETTER THAN THAT and then I carried on strangling my own kittens and seeing if my arse looked big in a the latest HAREM pants.

likingthespring Fri 27-May-11 20:42:43

Poor little chap. I hate seeing this too. Why on earth would they expect a toddler to just sit there for all that time and not protest??!

ShirleyKnot Fri 27-May-11 20:45:19

Why indeed? When they should be looking at all the colours of the rainbow and learning about textures?

God, it's VILE

MadamDeathstare Fri 27-May-11 20:45:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nethunsreject Fri 27-May-11 20:45:40

Shirley, I fucking love you

usualsuspect Fri 27-May-11 20:47:03

I would like a changing roof

ShirleyKnot Fri 27-May-11 20:48:45

I thre a wobbly in a changing roof once. I got arrested sad

Ismeyes Fri 27-May-11 20:48:53

How do you know she was out all day shopping? You saw her in one changing room.

Unless you were stalking her.

shineoncrazydiam0nd Fri 27-May-11 20:49:01

I DON'T CARE ABOUT THIS

blueeyedmonster Fri 27-May-11 20:49:15

Maybe she has only been in the one shop and is just trying things on for 10 minutes? I agree with you about the yelling but................

I went and tried something on in a shop the other month and ds screamed and cried like I had been doing this all day. I had been in the shop for 5 mins and it took me another 5 mins to try on one dress. He just hates shopping, end of. I hadn't been there all day.

Some kids just don't like it at all.

I am obviously just a very very mean mummy for wanting to try one dress on in one shop grin

heliumballoons Fri 27-May-11 20:50:38

shirley I just snorted coffee over my keyboard grin

ShirleyKnot Fri 27-May-11 20:51:14

SHUT UP SHINEON YOU FUCKING BASTARD!

THIS IS IMPORTANT SHIT YEAH?

A woman who had birthed a human through her gateway of wonder has NOT automatically bloody well decided that her life is now nothing but playparks and soft play and clay and making cards and paints and duplo...WHAT ARE YOU?

A MONSTER?

TragicallyHip Fri 27-May-11 20:51:50

Arf @ Shirley

usualsuspect Fri 27-May-11 20:53:09

this is how much I care

blueeyedmonster Fri 27-May-11 20:54:04

grin

ShirleyKnot Fri 27-May-11 20:56:47

FUCKING HELL usualsuspect. I would have expected you to remember that once upon a time there was a time where people actually GAVE a shit about whether they had coffee? OH MY GOD.

This place makes me wonder what the HELL is wrong with the entire universe sometimes.

GOD

UNBELIEVABLE

<pulls down ill-fitting blouse>

TheCrackFox Fri 27-May-11 20:56:53

F.O.H

ShirleyKnot Fri 27-May-11 20:57:48

I know what that means Cracky

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: