Talk

Advanced search

to think I *must* have misheard this?

(40 Posts)
LiegeAndLief Fri 27-May-11 19:43:41

At soft play with dcs today, ds started running round with another little boy. When it was about time to go home, the boy's dad said he could have another 10mins, so I told ds we would go in 10mins as well. 10mins later, the boy ran to his dad, came back and said we couldn't go yet because his dad said he still had 10mins.

I said "your dad must have a very slow clock!".

Little boy said (very loudly and clearly) "no, my dad has a huge cock!".

I really didn't know what to say. He must have meant something else, surely?!! Maybe his dad is the proud owner of a grandfather clock..

LynetteScavo Fri 27-May-11 19:44:46

grin

pjmama Fri 27-May-11 19:45:12

Brilliant! grin

Guitargirl Fri 27-May-11 19:46:26

How old was he!?

cannydoit Fri 27-May-11 19:47:29

i would have gone over and introduced myself right away grin

WeirdAcronymNotKnown Fri 27-May-11 19:47:30

Haha grin

Love misspeakings like that. In the early days of my relationship with now-DH, he was just leaving my parents' house talking with them about films... Mentioned Jurassic Park. Except for some reason, I guess because he'd just bought some, he said Durex Park shock

8 years on I've never dared ask if my parents realised what he said!

IprivateI Fri 27-May-11 19:47:47

Well. Is that what children are being taught these days at home? hmm Can't really laugh or giggle at that.

worraliberty Fri 27-May-11 19:52:38

Love it! grin

AgentZigzag Fri 27-May-11 19:56:36

Oh it's disgusting isn't it Iprivate, totally beyond the pale hmm

I'm not laughing either.

<<straightfaced>>

LiegeAndLief Fri 27-May-11 19:57:50

He was 4, so speaking clearly.

IprivateI, I did wonder if he really meant it and if so where he had heard it - can only imagine he overheard his mother?! Or maybe his dad often walks roudn the house naked saying "look at my cock son, it's huge" grin

Couldn't look at his dad as we walked out!

theglove Fri 27-May-11 19:58:41

My Ds used to say cock instead of clock when he was about 2 - he still can't say the letter l very well.
Mind you, he'd never put the word 'huge' in front of ithmm

grin at cannydoit

PorkChopSter Fri 27-May-11 19:59:23

We have to sing a song at toddlers about Daddy's big c(l)ock going tick tock hmm

SardineQueen Fri 27-May-11 20:00:14

<snigger>

BooyHoo Fri 27-May-11 20:00:21

<stifles giggles>

nope, can't hold it grin grin grin

DontCallMePeanut Fri 27-May-11 20:00:58

When I was that age, I couldn't pronounce my L's. Imagine my mothers horror when we went into the Jeweller's, and, after seeing his grandfather clock, I told him "My mummy has a big cock like yours!"

Punkatheart Fri 27-May-11 20:01:46

At a junior youth club I worked at, one little girl had EIGHT brothers and sisters. She was so cute but one day she told me: 'My daddy is a love machine.'

Quite.

TeddyMcardle Fri 27-May-11 20:02:30

grin I thought exactly the same thing canny

ScarlettWalking Fri 27-May-11 20:07:02

I remember that song Pork

"Tic Tok Tic Tok goes my Daddy's big clock"

LiegeAndLief Fri 27-May-11 20:08:18

Punkatheart grin grin

bigmouthstrikesagain Fri 27-May-11 20:13:52

When ds was a toddler he was obsessed with the time and insisted that it was always 6 o'clock, unfortunately he pronouced it 'tits o cock' and shouted that out every time he saw a clock face ... i just had to practice my pokerface and utilise it in public whilst resisting the urge to say what time is it ds?

kaid100 Fri 27-May-11 20:16:31

Just wait until they start watching the Grand Prix.

PorkChopSter Fri 27-May-11 20:22:24

That's the one, Scarlett wink

onebigchocolatemess Fri 27-May-11 20:25:41

bigmouth that is genius

pmsl

thank you i needed that

Mrsdoasyouwouldbedoneby Fri 27-May-11 20:27:55

Apparently, desite eing a very verbose child (I was very small as well, so being chatty used to freak people out, lol)... I couldn't quite get the end of the word, "foxes" correct... to my mum's embarrassment I would say "look, Fockit"...

onebigchocolatemess Fri 27-May-11 20:28:12

when my DS was 2yrs he pronounced sauce as 'horse' and juice as 'shute' so when we were at the dinner table he would love to show off his words pointing between the tommy K and his juice cup

'horse sh*t horse sh*t'

ahhh the fun we had

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now