Talk

Advanced search

To think why are you whinging on FB?

(23 Posts)
NorfolkNChance Fri 27-May-11 18:08:16

Yes it's the dreaded FB and yes I am fully prepared to be told YABU.

A family member has just put up on FB tgat she is going to miss her baby "sooooooo much coz iv got 3 parties 1 concert n 1 gig this weekend busy busy lol lol"

None of these engagements are linked to her work or compulsory so why the Jeff whinge about missing her 4 week old baby when she doesn't have to go?!

Then again I could be a jealous hag because at 4 weeks post birth I was still a wincing, shuffling mess who couldn't sit down properly let alone get glammed up for a weekend's fun.

hairylights Fri 27-May-11 18:13:34

People moan about their kids all the time on my Facebook. Having had three miscarriages in the last year I just have to fight my instinct to say "give them to me then" so I just ignore, ignore, ignore.

MadamDeathstare Fri 27-May-11 18:42:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ilovedora27 Fri 27-May-11 18:43:49

You can still go places and miss people hmm I will miss my daughter this weekend as I am going away without her but doesnt mean I am never going to go anywhere because of this.

MadamDeathstare Fri 27-May-11 18:48:51

BooyHoo Fri 27-May-11 19:19:01

i think there's something wrong with me. i dont miss my children...ever. hmm

manticlimactic Fri 27-May-11 19:28:43

If there's something wrong with you Booyhoo, there's something wrong with me too.

My DD goes to her dads every weekend for so long, maybe I'm just used to her not being here. I get the hmm looks if I'm not in bits because she's not here.

Ragwort Fri 27-May-11 19:32:35

I agree BooyHoo and manti and I'm one of those mums whose heart sinks when it is half term grin. I nearly caused a rift in a good friendship when my friend was very, very upset at her eldest leaving home for university - I said I can't wait !

TotalChaos Fri 27-May-11 19:36:27

yanbu,but then I roll my eyes at any covert facebook boasting/attention seeking.

BooyHoo Fri 27-May-11 19:55:48

thank god it's not just me. my dcs go to theirs nanny's house every other saturday and people ask me "dont you miss them? aren't you bored?"

hell yeah i'm bored and it is great. i can read for 4 hours solid if i like. or disappear out with the dog and no-one needs to know. i love it.

JamieAgain Fri 27-May-11 19:58:11

she wrote lol lol after a not-very-funny statement, so she is being unreasonable

Ragwort Fri 27-May-11 19:59:12

BooyHoo I get bored senseless looking after my DS but I can't admit that to many people grin, fortunately his Dad is great with him and they are outside playing football now whilst I am busy mumsnetting doing housework.

AKissIsNotAContract Fri 27-May-11 20:03:27

One of my friends posted this on facebook earlier. Very funny.

MadamDeathstare Fri 27-May-11 20:51:20

TryLikingClarity Sat 28-May-11 08:20:53

Facebook boasting, posting dull statuses = BU.

I have seen some like,

"I like grapes" or "Wow, toast!"

100% inane. yawn

MrsDistinctlyMintyMonetarism Sat 28-May-11 08:44:55

Oh yes, seems like stealth boasting to me.. 'oh look, I have such an amazing social life, not like you".

stupid...

BimboNo5 Sat 28-May-11 08:51:52

I know someone who im seriously considering defriending due to her constant whining about life yet doing zero to improve it. A real passive whiney victim type.

iscream Sat 28-May-11 09:10:23

Ask them if they are bragging or complaining! wink

AlpinePony Sat 28-May-11 10:08:37

Yabu.

It's not illegal to miss your children and do things you love.

horriblemotheragain Sat 28-May-11 10:27:15

Personally i couldn't have left a four-week-old for more than about an hour, esp as was breastfeeding, but some people can. i think 3 parties and two concerts is a bit much, tbh.

saffy85 Sat 28-May-11 11:13:54

Jesus, I am this woman.

No not really this woman. But I dumped DD with my inlaws for a week last month to recooperate and rest before DC2 is born and was really looking forward to it. Could not stop grinning like a cheshire cat the entire easter weekend, knowing I had til the following weekend off.

Til about 24 hours in when I started to miss her loads. I spent the whole week moping over her not being here and there were a few sad comments on my fb about missing my pfb soooooo much blush

emptyshell Sat 28-May-11 12:54:53

Ruthless FB pruning - it's as thereapeutic as anything else. I prune all the serial copy-paste status brigade, I prune all the insensitive cunts and it actually makes it somewhere decent to log into. I don't even add relatives unless they're actually people I WANT to talk to (SIL won't take the hint on this one).

I do, however, want to stab all the ones bragging about how amazing Take That were last night though - hubby resisted my campaign that it would have been a fabulous gift for me to buy me tickets sad

HappyMummyOfOne Sat 28-May-11 13:25:10

YANBU, i'd have been tempted to respond saying "well stay home then and pass the tickets on".

I love facebook for some things but hate it for others - cant abide the lovely dovey updates every few minutes etc.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: