Talk

Advanced search

To think 22 mo DS can have a stoneware tea set?

(12 Posts)
deliakate Fri 27-May-11 16:58:23

DH arbitrarily, imo, put his foot down in Ikea last weekend, and said I couldn't get the 10 piece coffee/tea set in stoneware because it was too breakable. I really want one for DS to use nicely and quietly nearby for teddies tea parties when I am breastfeeding DD who is due in 2 days time, but all the Mothercare/ ELC ones are hideously ugly things, which I couldn't get excited about showing him, so he probably wouldn't see the fun...... AIBU?

nethunsreject Fri 27-May-11 17:01:19

Well, if it's you who'd have to clean up the broken bits, fine! wink

My ds1 would've been fine with a stoneware one at that age. SOme kids are not as hard on stuff as others.

Pandemoniaa Fri 27-May-11 17:03:16

Hmmm. ds1 would have been fine with stoneware. ds2 would have been like a crockery breaking stall at the fete. You know your own child but is this battle actually worth fighting?

nethunsreject Fri 27-May-11 17:04:23

oh god, yes, my ds2 is a breaker.

gastrognome Fri 27-May-11 17:05:17

I have watched pieces of that ikea tea setnbe dropped on hard floors and it's virtually unbreakable! I reckon it would have to be dropped on verynhard tiles or stones to actually break. So I say go for it!

GinAndWater Fri 27-May-11 17:05:20

DD had something like this at that age. She loved it.

Personally I wouldn't have bought stoneware at that age. TBH it depends on the child. Mine was way too tantrum prone passionate !

gastrognome Fri 27-May-11 17:05:48

setnebe set be

gastrognome Fri 27-May-11 17:06:35

verynhard very hard

Meglet Fri 27-May-11 17:07:16

I wouldn't, at least not with mine. It wouldn't last a day.

The only 'grown up' crockery they are allowed to use is stuff that doesn't matter if it gets broken.

deliakate Fri 27-May-11 17:34:32

I was hoping someone would tell me to divorce DH for telling me what to do. Very disappointed grin Thanks for the link GinAndWater!

JsOtherHalf Fri 27-May-11 17:57:22

Ds has a previous version of the ELC dinner set. I think it's actually good value, and very robust.

www.elc.co.uk/Dinner-Set/121434,default,pd.html

DELHI Fri 27-May-11 18:09:25

DD had a similar thing when she was about 2, a gift from a well-meaning but out-of touch aunt. It ended up in sharp fragments very quickly. Stick to plastic and stuff that's meant for kids, not adults.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: