Talk

Advanced search

Upset by email I found.

(4 Posts)
Newmummytobe79 Fri 27-May-11 15:13:45

I know, I know, I know - don't look if you don't want to find!

It's a bit pathetic really, but my boss asked me to send some emails on their behalf and I 'stumbled' accross one about me from a year ago. It complained about me asking about holidays and working hours ... which I find a bit unfair as they were genuine questions and the answers were not in my contract.

I don't work the long hours/weekends some of the staff (they are not paid - they do it of their own accord) but I do arrive half an hour early every single day, often work through my lunch and am more than prepared to muck in and work late when required.

I know I should let it go as it was so long ago ... but now I'm paranoid that issues are talked about behind staff backs and not to their faces. If I'd have been pulled up about it then it would never have happened again ... but I now fear all my HR related questions are moaned about.

Go on ... tell me off for being nosey and that I deserved it!

IprivateI Fri 27-May-11 15:24:20

Unfortunately that's what happens in workplaces. When I first started my last job (shit place it was too), they took my NI number and then tried to pay me by cheque, and I told them I wanted to claim tax credits so I want the money in my bank and the tax to be deducted. I think they were doing something dodgy. Anyway, I found out that it was talked about in the manager's meeting they had every month. Apparantly they all spoke about me, which was a bit embarrassing.

They will always talk about you behind your back. You say you stumbled across it. Not your fault. Keep an open mind, or this will eat away at you. Just remember, they will ALWAYS TALK ABOUT YOU BEHIND YOUR BACK

Newmummytobe79 Fri 27-May-11 15:27:46

IprivateI - you are so right! smile

They are lovely most of the time so I shouldn't really be upset - I guess I'm just raw and will get over it shortly!

Sorry to hear about your horrible experience - bet you're glad you're out of there now!

Thanks for the honest reply! smile

taylor74 Fri 27-May-11 15:30:56

If someone is discussing you behind your back then youve every right to be upset. I know I would be. But sadly we live in a world when people are not upfront so they go behind your back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now