Talk

Advanced search

...to get outta bed for just...

(11 Posts)
Treadmillmom Fri 27-May-11 12:59:47

...£48.75 per week.
DH works and I'm on a temp contract Since February ends in October.
I work 3 days school hours and after childcare for the youngest I'm left with £48.75 per week.
My manager has allowed me to work evening durings the school holidays as childcare for 3 children is more than I earn.
I'm feeling a little bored, missing the youngest, missing my mates but I do love going out to work.
Is £48.75 per week worth the hassle?
DH definately doesn't think it is.

knittedbreast Fri 27-May-11 13:01:30

id say an extra 200 a month is worth working for. i give up my entire weekends for only a little more and dont see m children during that time

COCKadoodledooo Fri 27-May-11 13:06:05

Yes. And if you don't want it can I have it please?

kreecherlivesupstairs Fri 27-May-11 13:07:34

I'd cut my arm off for that. I have been in England since Monday trying to put some feelers out for work. Nothing to be had it seems.
OP, if you enjoy what you do, carry on. Bugger your DH

duchesse Fri 27-May-11 13:09:13

Dunno- might be the difference between eating and not eating for many. Or you might have a career to keep up. Besides the childcare cost should not come out of your salary, but out of household income. They are your husband's children too and he should contribute to childcare.

tomhardyismydh Fri 27-May-11 13:18:33

that depends on what other personal, social, occupational benefits you are getting from your job. Also depends what difference £48.75 makes to you household income and ability eat, pay bills give your dcs a little extra treat. But saying that I would certainly work for that regardless.

IndigoBell Fri 27-May-11 13:21:11

And if you can keep the job once your youngest is at school you'll earn more money.......

If you like the job it's worth it.

If you don't like the job but like the adult company it's worth it.

If you don't like the job but like earning your own money it's worth it.

Treadmillmom Fri 27-May-11 17:26:20

True, true. Thank you all.

ohhappyday Fri 27-May-11 17:40:12

YES - everything indigo says

cjbartlett Fri 27-May-11 17:42:27

Kreecher - have you tried care work ? They're crying out for people

LaWeasel Fri 27-May-11 17:52:16

Definately worth it!

An extra £50 a week is not to be sniffed at.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now