Talk

Advanced search

To think this is not a "busy day"

(53 Posts)
emkana Thu 26-May-11 17:03:35

taking your child to school, then to the gym for a class and a workout, then having a relative come round

That's a leisure day surely?

BabyDubsEverywhere Thu 26-May-11 17:05:47

That would be a busy day to me......but then i fill my days on this thing grin

strandednomore Thu 26-May-11 17:05:51

I suppose it's all relative. Perhaps this person usually stays in bed until noon, watches some daytime tv, takes a trip to the end of the garden path to put out the rubbish and then goes back to bed to watch a DVD?
Actually when I was a student, that would have been a busy day wink

mosschops30 Thu 26-May-11 17:07:16

Have you been watchingme?

I took ds1 to school
Then went to the gym for a training session
Then my mil came over

Spooky!

BluddyMoFo Thu 26-May-11 17:09:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hairylights Thu 26-May-11 17:11:53

YANBU. That's by no means a busy day. Most of my days are way, way, way busier than that.

Catsu Thu 26-May-11 17:14:59

It's a busy day in the sense that it is filled up with things.
So if you said to her 'do you want to come over for coffee tomorrow?' anx she said no, she has a busy day then if would be perfectly true as her day is planned out with no gaps.

iEmbarassedMyself Thu 26-May-11 17:26:55

Very leisurely, sounds lovely.

Jenstar21 Thu 26-May-11 17:38:31

Very leisurely indeed! How about working all day (either as SAHM, or out of the house), then doing school pick ups/drop off as needed, shopping, cleaning, ironing, etc. Lucky to get 5-6 hours sleep! Needs to get real!

mosschops30 Thu 26-May-11 17:40:32

Maybe jenstar that (like me) she does that on other days!
God youre so friggin judgey.

RubberDuck Thu 26-May-11 17:42:46

I think it would depend highly on the relative - I have a few who are mentally exhausting that I would definitely put on the busy day list wink

RubberDuck Thu 26-May-11 17:43:41

(mind you, I'd probably tell them I was having a busy day so they wouldn't come round... that would be a much more sensible approach)

Jenstar21 Thu 26-May-11 17:46:18

Sorry if you thought I was judgey mosschops. Exceptionally tired and grumpy today..... sad On my way home from a 9 hour shift, after 2 hours sleep (DD sick most of the night) and it will be another hour before I'm home and I get to start the whirl of domestic chores. I'm probably just jealous that anyone gets a nice day like that! envy

madwomanintheattic Thu 26-May-11 17:47:09

grin my days aren't classed as busy when i have only one place to be at a time.

when i am supposed to be in two or three places at once and they are an hour's drive apart, then i start to think busy thoughts...

it's all relative.

feck. i was supposed to phone the orthodontist and the vet this morning. and the doggy daycare and the kennels. <sigh>

but i am out to lunch today. grin if the plumber is gone by eleven thirty, anyway. <frowns in general direction of blocked bath>

and i don't have to get kids to piano, beavers and run cubs until later. oh, and a pathfinder is coming round at 4 to discuss badgework.

a veritable relax-fest. have already washed all the bedding because we are night-training ds1. grin

MooMooFarm Thu 26-May-11 17:50:49

Doesn't sound busy to me, no! This reminds me of a recent thread where somebody got panned for talking about how busy they were being a SAHM with school aged children, because they had 'errands' to run.....

To me, if it's a day off work it's a day off working in general. Therefore childcare, the odd bit of housework, gardening, seeing friends and family, all count as time off - yes even cleaning the loo - how sad am I? grin

ScarlettWalking Thu 26-May-11 17:54:47

That sounds like my life - usually with dinner or drinks on evening. I am a very busy lady.

MissBetsyTrotwood Thu 26-May-11 17:57:10

Depends which relative. Some of mine create during an hour or two's visit what anyone could construe a busy day grin .

madwomanintheattic Thu 26-May-11 18:35:53

well, the plumber's done, so i'm off out for my busy lunch! toodle-oo.

wowwowwubbzywubbzywubbzywowwow Thu 26-May-11 20:08:05

A typical day for me would be - Get up, get the kids/myself washed/dressed fed, do a bit of housework, drop eldest at nursery, back home to feed baby and maybe wash some dishes and do some washing, pick up eldest from nursery, tea/bath/bed. My arse barely touches the sofa so I think that if you manage to fit in a gym visit and host a relative visit on top of the daily stuff then that can count as a busy day. No need for all the competitive business nonsense that some of you are posting.

MixedClassBaby Thu 26-May-11 20:24:17

Depends how you look at it/spin it. My mother recently described her busy day as follows: "I haven't stopped today, I got up, got dressed, got in the car, drove to the supermarket, went all the way around, unloaded the trolley, packed the shopping into bags, loaded the bags into the car, drove home, unloaded the bags and then put the shopping away. I'm knackered!

err, you went shopping hmm

Choufleur Thu 26-May-11 21:31:45

YANBU. that's 3 things.

CMOTdibbler Thu 26-May-11 21:48:57

Arf. If I ever had a day with that little in, I'd be bloody grateful.
For the record, I got up at 4.15am, drove to the airport, flew to Belgium, had meetings from 9-6, went back and am now doing some more work while waiting for the washing machine to finish

GooGooMuck Thu 26-May-11 21:54:51

Busy days can sometimes be lovely days. I did the ironing, went to the library with DCs, out for lunch, swimming, dropped off present, defrosted the freezer... but it was a nice day, I'm not moaning about being busy smile

Normy Thu 26-May-11 21:55:09

my mum who is in her seventies brought up 4 children and ran her own business. I remeber her doing her accounts at 3am and , obviously , all the housework (men were different then). Bizzarely now she is retired and has sweet FA to do she is 'busier than ever'. People are as busy as they want to appear.

floweryblue Thu 26-May-11 21:55:19

Depends which relative is coming round, if my SIS I would count as leisure, any other relative would be work as I would be expected to have 'made an effort' in advance (housework/food) and struggle to do chit-chat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now