Talk

Advanced search

To PISS myself laughing that Cheryl Cole has been axed from american x-factor

(144 Posts)
DaisyGoneCrazy Thu 26-May-11 13:40:43

grin

Pinkjenny Thu 26-May-11 13:41:44

I'm just a bit confused by the apparent issues with her accent, especially as Steve Jones is welsh!

squeakytoy Thu 26-May-11 13:42:02

grin

Not at all being unreasonable...

cyb Thu 26-May-11 13:42:25

God I'm bored of this story-had it even started? One minute she was, next minute she wasn't I reckon it was all Spin anyway-why would they choose her? She was a weird choice for UK X factor, where we have heard of her!

MumblingRagDoll Thu 26-May-11 13:42:28

YANBU....but poor Cheryl! I noticed that she looked a bit of a bugger in all the shots of her over there though......weird hair and makeup and odd outfits....no doubt she'll say it was a mutual descision and she was homesick!

NulliusInVerba Thu 26-May-11 13:42:41

Double edged sword though, means she will be back here pissing us off with her media-given Diana status soon.......

carriedababi Thu 26-May-11 13:42:58

they didn't talke long to sack her did they!

how embarrasing for her

DELHI Thu 26-May-11 13:44:17

A slight over-reaction IMO
a) why would any one care?
b) what's she ever done to you, Daisy?

Jennytailia Thu 26-May-11 13:45:29

Publicity stunted thinks!!

Just like the Kelly brooks debacle.

carriedababi Thu 26-May-11 13:45:38

tell you what makes meheave, they way her a simon flirt on the uk one,just things like whispering private conversations when they are supposed to be making comments to the consestants, that sort of shit is rude, i bet the usa would have hated that.

Pinkjenny Thu 26-May-11 13:46:47

Jenny - I despise your username.

I forgot about the Kelly Brook thing! She is reportedly homesick, Mumbling hmm

I do feel a little bit sorry for her, but I'm not entirely sure why.

carriedababi Thu 26-May-11 13:46:58

quite funny how simon cowel can't always get his own way with everything though!
he certainly used to think he could

Sqee Thu 26-May-11 13:47:00

Wi aye YABU!

At least she can coom hoom nai an get some pease puddin' wi her mar!

Americans: I beg your pardon!?

DaisyGoneCrazy Thu 26-May-11 13:48:03

i just hope they don't take her back on our x-factor again

HalfPastWine Thu 26-May-11 13:50:26

There has to be more to it than just her accent. That's a piss poor reason to sack her. They knew of her accent before they offered her the job. The public mustn't be warming to her which is why they've replaced her with Nicole.

MarathonMama Thu 26-May-11 13:52:19

It's so obviously just a stunt, like Kelly Brooks and that guy who's now does the dances on UK X factor - he started as a "judge"

squeaver Thu 26-May-11 13:52:37

Oh it's all so interesting...!

Maybe if she'd done a bit less back-combing and found some trousers that fit her she would have been ok.

Is it the network finally having more power than Cowell?

Has Paula Abdul had a strop and forced Cowell to choose?

Was the whole thing a MASSIVE set-up from the off, with Cowell always planning to bring her back for the British one to a backdrop of Coldplay singing "Fix You"???

DaisyGoneCrazy Thu 26-May-11 13:54:10

squeaver grin

CaveMum Thu 26-May-11 13:54:14

I liked Russell Brand's response when he was asked about it by a US journalist:

"Just listen intently. If you listen more you'll realise the things she is saying are 'English'!"

grin

Pinkjenny Thu 26-May-11 13:54:53

squeaver - yes, the fashion choices were certainly ill-advised. Although I believe those purple trousers sold out after she was seen in them. The hair was, frankly, ludicrous.

SuePurblybilt Thu 26-May-11 13:54:59

Lawks, is Paula still struggling on?

LittleWhiteWolf Thu 26-May-11 13:57:17

Hopefully she'll drop the weird new accent thing she's developed and showcases on that advert for hairspray. Odd, very odd.

ajandjjmum Thu 26-May-11 13:57:47

I feel sorry for her, and op I think it's rather sad that you get such pleasure from someone's unhappiness. If you don't like her, use the off button.

nepenthe3 Thu 26-May-11 14:03:05

Maybe US immigration dept caught up with her 'biffa' history and discovered her assault charge - didn't think you could get a Visa with one? Or maybe the programme makers have heard her sing and realised you actually have to have talent in order to be able to judge it? Poor Biffa.

Ooopsadaisy Thu 26-May-11 14:07:19

I find it strange that you find someone losing their job amusing.

I wonder how you'd feel.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: