Talk

Advanced search

to be disgusted by the neighbours shitting in our flowerbeds?

(67 Posts)
KvetaBarry Thu 26-May-11 10:58:46

and all over the lawn - it's repulsive! every morning, I have to go on turd patrol before DS is released into the garden. And apparently there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. angry

Scheherezadea Thu 26-May-11 11:00:14

What?! Do you mean the people, or the pets???

Surely if it's the people it's an environmental health hazard!!

EauRouge Thu 26-May-11 11:00:20

grin

BertieBasset Thu 26-May-11 11:00:58

The neighbours pets do you mean? If you actually mean your neighbours I am sure there is quite a lot you can do!

Flisspaps Thu 26-May-11 11:01:07

I do hope you leave toilet rolls outside for them.

taylor74 Thu 26-May-11 11:01:42

We talking people or pets here?? Lol
Did make me giggle

JanMorrow Thu 26-May-11 11:02:58

Ha, love it. Do you live next to a crack den?

taylor74 Thu 26-May-11 11:03:36

Can you imagine your neighbour hitching her skirt up and taking a big dump on your flower beds. Thats one for YouTube methinks x

brickwallspringstomind Thu 26-May-11 11:09:40

I had a friend who's neighbour threw their poo over the hedge into her garden. Not nice....yuck...hence she has moved now.

KvetaBarry Thu 26-May-11 11:10:01

blush I meant neighbours cats! blush

it's still repulsive!!

WorzselMummage Thu 26-May-11 11:11:25

[GRIN]

razzlebathbone Thu 26-May-11 11:11:57

Tell them to do it in their socks.

SenoritaViva Thu 26-May-11 11:12:14

Oh you've given me a good laugh this morning. Thank you! I was going to suggest you turn your garden into a cactus garden, not so great for your neighbours bottom, but probably not great for your child either!

It is hideous. How are the cats getting into the garden? Can you speak to neighbour nicely and suggest they introduce a litter tray. It is revolting.

squeakytoy Thu 26-May-11 11:12:37

Are you sure it isnt foxes?

Punkatheart Thu 26-May-11 11:14:19

I'm sorry but now this is making me laugh too.

Buy some spray cat deterrent or a motion sensor.

I have a very lovely and very twee neighbour and now I am thinking thoughts I shouldn't...

Not the sock. Please not the sock again. I am still in therapy from that one.

KvetaBarry Thu 26-May-11 11:17:54

definitely cats - we've seen them a few times. I've put short pieces of wood sticking out of the ground on my veg plot, but the lawn has at least 2 land mines on it every morning. We seem to have 3 neighbouring cats - 2 from the houses behind us, one next door. I want to get a dog, but we can't at the moment due to our work hours and the fact that our house isn't suitable for a dog just yet - still very much a work in progress!

I don't like cats much, but do not object to them taking al fresco dumps, so long as it's on their owners property - it's the fact they can roam far and wide, littering my other people's lawns with their excrement. feline bastards.

Psammead Thu 26-May-11 11:18:14

shock

For a moment there I thought this was going to be an AIBU that no-one could argue with grin

Pancakeflipper Thu 26-May-11 11:18:22

get a trowel. Chuck it back to their side of the garden.

Be armed with a water pistol. Huge one.

dixiechick1975 Thu 26-May-11 11:19:22

Get one of those electronic noise cat sensors - seemed to do the trick for us.

The neighbours (whose cat shit on our lawn) did complain about the noise it made though!

ginnny Thu 26-May-11 11:20:20

Get a cat yourself. They don't shit in their own gardens and your cat will scare off the others.
Sorted!!
grin

Scheherezadea Thu 26-May-11 11:22:10

Get a dog

Get a cat scarer

Get one of those sprays to keep cats out

Everyday you collect it up, post it through their letter box/leave it on their doorstep (after all, it is their property!)

I hate cats.

KvetaBarry Thu 26-May-11 11:23:58

re: trowel - can't flip it into their gardens as we're a) not sure which cat matches which poo (is there some sort of striation pattern, like matching a bullet to the gun it was fired from, that we could employ to solve this problem?) and b) they all have sheds backing onto us, so we'd end up looking out at turd covered shed roofs!

cat noise thing - do they work? I'm worried it'll damaged my PFB's ears (hearing problems in one ear already!)

and we are NOT getting a cat!! I'm not exactly allergic, but do sneeze and itch if I come into contact with one. And I want a dog! smile

also - do cats shit in socks?

TheMonster Thu 26-May-11 11:25:15

Get your own cat. It's the only way to solve the problem.

TheMonster Thu 26-May-11 11:26:20

How about a semi-feral one? The CPL will have plenty. All you do is feed it and provide a shelter (like a kennel).

beanlet Thu 26-May-11 11:27:14

ALOL here!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now