Talk

Advanced search

Terrified of getting a crown on my tooth this afternoon

(7 Posts)
Saw444 Wed 25-May-11 14:26:04

Well I won't be getting the crown today but he is starting to "prep" my tooth.

He has also told me I won't need injections (WTF!)

Has anyone been through this that can tell me what to expect

thaigreencurry Wed 25-May-11 14:28:48

I can reassure you! The prep work is the worst bit but only mildly uncomfortable, I did have an injection, my crown is right at the front so not sure if that makes a difference?

The actual fitting of the crown is a piece of cake just takes a couple of minutes.

aldiwhore Wed 25-May-11 14:29:27

I've had a crown and for me it wasn't as bad as a filling or a root canal... and they weren't THAT bad tbh.

Good luck. I'm not going to say it'll be pleasant, is anything like that ever pleasant? But you'll be okay.... eventually wink

Sylvaniasandwich Wed 25-May-11 14:30:42

Take some paracetamol before you go, and have a glug of rescue remedy. But if it is really uncomfortable, you can ask for an injection surely.

aliceliddell Wed 25-May-11 14:32:15

i've got 5 now, 2 front, 3 molars. It's basically the same as having a filling, so I think mine must have been 'worse' than yours because I always had anaesthetic. You might get a temp. cap which will look odd to you but no-one else will notice it. Good luck! You'll be fine. (Honest)

teraspawn Wed 25-May-11 14:52:46

I had my crown prep just yesterday! They tend to start without anaesthetic but if it hurts AT ALL just put up your hand and get the injection - it's completely up to you, it's your mouth. My temporary cap looks a bit odd but it's at the back of my mouth so I don't mind. I took some paracetamol beforehand in case it was tender but I didn't have to top up afterwards. Don't worry! And good luck to you smile

Andrewofgg Fri 27-May-11 17:17:15

Watch out for the pain in the chequebook.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: