Talk

Advanced search

In thinking people that don't keep their body hair under control are weird ?

(168 Posts)
luvvinlife Wed 25-May-11 13:38:04

I've seen topics on here about it and really have trouble understanding why anyone would want hairy legs or even worse hairy armpits and a crotch like a badly kept privet ?

MerryMemoo Wed 25-May-11 13:39:01

You clearly have far too much time on your hands

dittany Wed 25-May-11 13:39:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BooyHoo Wed 25-May-11 13:39:21

tis the natural way you know.

why would anyone want to look like a child with no body hair?

Thistledew Wed 25-May-11 13:39:56

So all men are weird?

Psammead Wed 25-May-11 13:39:58

AIBU to think that people who worry about other people's hair are weird?

PuppyMonkey Wed 25-May-11 13:39:59

I have trouble understanding a lot of things. But not that.

luvvinlife Wed 25-May-11 13:40:32

Who said anything about no body hair ?

BooyHoo Wed 25-May-11 13:41:20

so by keeping it under control you mean trimming leg, under arm and pubic hair then rather than removal?

DontHassleTheBOF Wed 25-May-11 13:41:38

Oh God, not another thread about this. Are pubes the new parking space? Don't answer that.

DooinMeCleanin Wed 25-May-11 13:42:00

Funnily enough I have better things to do with my life than waxing. you should try it, op. T'is fun and mainly painless.

reelingintheyears Wed 25-May-11 13:42:09

Why does it trouble you?

Unless you're getting pubes in your teeth.

diddl Wed 25-May-11 13:42:12

Well, I admit that legs might be noticable, armpits on certain occasions-but how many unkempt crotches do you encounter day to day?

TBH, I couldn´t give a damn about other people´s shaving&trimming habits.

luvvinlife Wed 25-May-11 13:42:17

What has sexism got to do with it ? Now I am confused.

SilentBob Wed 25-May-11 13:43:16

She is a luvvinwife and we (yes even those of us who are neither wives nor defined by being one) are obviously less luvvin if we don't keep up with the lady gardening.
This thread has made me chuckle. Why give a shit? I spend an inordinate amount of time tending to my topiary but really, truly couldn't give a gibbon if others do not. So there. grin

Ooopsadaisy Wed 25-May-11 13:44:03

Just back from my Brazilian wax. My choice.

Not bothered about anyone else's body-hair choices, but for me, I like it smooth. Keep my underarms and legs clear too. My choice.

I don't like to see hairy legs/pits on others but don't judge them for it.

reelingintheyears Wed 25-May-11 13:44:06

Pubes are the new landing strip, not parking space.

DontHassleTheBOF Wed 25-May-11 13:44:07

Is this a board invasion? This place is riddled with numskulls lately.

singersgirl Wed 25-May-11 13:44:19

Most men I know don't shave their armpits or their crotches (in fact, I can't think of one who does). Are you suggesting men should get a grip in the personal topiary department?

CMOTdibbler Wed 25-May-11 13:44:22

Yes, you are right - I haven't been diligent enough in keeping up the braids in my leg hair. The beads are looking quite worn. I shall remedy immediatly.

On the other hand, I could let them be as usual - unless they develop Triffid powers, I don't see my body hair harming anyone

JeremyVile Wed 25-May-11 13:45:31

Weird how?
Obviously you've thought about this, so what does the hair tell you about a person, what are the characteristics you are imagining?

Oh wait...i dont care.

LoonyRationalist Wed 25-May-11 13:45:37

Whilst I believe everyone has the right to do as they wish I find that people who can't face the world before they have removed much of their body hair to be strange.

singersgirl Wed 25-May-11 13:46:32

And, out of interest, Oopsadaisy (your life, your choice) does your partner also wax his pubes and shave his armpits and his legs? Or do you find it unpleasant to look at him as you don't like to see hairy legs and pits on others? Just checking, as I might have the impression that you think natural body hair is unpleasant on women, but OK on men - which would be, you know, kind of weird.

DontGoCurly Wed 25-May-11 13:47:04

You've said the unthinkable OP. The only righteous way to live is to have a muff like BinLadens beard....oh and razors are the work of the devil/the patriachal media and pedophiles.

Morloth Wed 25-May-11 13:48:41

I think people who do are a bit odd, I just don't see how they can be arsed.

It is weird that women in the modern western world remove body hair. Very strange.

I am an adult human female, I therefore have hair. I am not going to remove it to conform to some strange social custom.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: