Talk

Advanced search

to think that John Hemming is a dangerous man?

(513 Posts)
Spero Tue 24-May-11 23:04:38

For all the Hemming apologists - please read this.

www.ministryoftruth.me.uk/2011/04/27/hemming-an-abuse-of-privilege/

DontHassleTheBOF Wed 25-May-11 11:32:20

It definitely was him posting. I emailed his MP's office once and told him that some windbag idiot was impersonating him on Mumsnet. I received a reply from him telling me that it was indeed him grin

wordfactory Wed 25-May-11 11:33:29

I oce emailed lib dem headquarters with links to some of his more extreme comments - they didn't give a shit.

ChickensHaveNoEyebrows Wed 25-May-11 11:33:51

No fucking waaaaaaay! shock That is coooool BOF <respec'>

bochead Wed 25-May-11 11:35:24

Someone has to stand up for those who can't defend themselves.

In my mind he is on a par with Sarowira,Mandela,Parks, Garvey, and the suffagettes - all of whom were also villified in polite society until society became suffeciently enlightened to understand their struggle. Too many familes are being ripped apart on spurious grounds, and adoption targets were a grotesque abuse of state power. The statistical life and educational outcomes of kids who grow up in care are horrifying - a number are abused in state care or trafficked every year too. State care is not risk free for the child if you really care about child welfare.

I'm reminded of the second war poem about the jews that ends-

....and then they came for me and the was noone left to speak for me.

All that has to happen for evil to occur is for good men to say nothing. At least there is one good man out there with the courage to say something!

Maryz Wed 25-May-11 11:36:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bucharest Wed 25-May-11 11:48:03

"Someone has to stand up for those who can't defend themselves"

Absolutely.

Oh, hold on a minute....you didn't mean the children did you? hmm

wannaBe Wed 25-May-11 11:51:22

people are comparing him to mandela? seriously? wtf?

yukoncher Wed 25-May-11 11:56:09

Of course not all women with mental health problems are refered to SS.
One woman springs to mind who'se spent several 6 months streches on psychiatric wards, and the kids have gone into care multiple times, and I have personally taken care of the youngest during these times.

But having past mental health problems, even when recovered is and has certainly been enough to 'safeguard' the baby, in some circumstances.
The inconsistencies of what situations require 'safegaurding' is mind boggling. Then when you think of it, it's not so mind boggling, when you realise that it's the youngest ones they rescue, while leaving order children there to suffer.
Perhaps how adoptable a child is, determines whther or not they're 'safeguarded'?
Just a wild, wild thought of mine! From what I've seen

Bucharest Wed 25-May-11 11:56:57

Perhaps they mean Winnie, Wannabe? She was never averse to using children to further her own ends IIRC.....

NerfHerder Wed 25-May-11 12:05:03

Maryz is right- I do not think for a moment that melvin is JH. JH has always posted under his own name. He has run his blog under his own name for years, he hasn't hidden behind anonymity even when faced with extremely embarrassing events in his personal life.

Do not be mistaken- I do not admire the man in any way whatsoever- but he says what he says openly.

ensure Wed 25-May-11 12:05:58

I saw him on the news last night. He looks like a drinker.

NerfHerder Wed 25-May-11 12:08:04

Bochead- how dare you compare Hemming with Mandela, Parks, Sarowiwa et al. Their struggles were selfless, for the good of many, not for self-aggrandisement.

NerfHerder Wed 25-May-11 12:14:03

And yes wannabe- this issue is about children, their protection, their safety not the whims and wishes of parents.

Not that Hemming gives a damn about his own children's feelings, and the embarrassment they face as they grow up in a polygamous household.

SardineQueen Wed 25-May-11 12:19:15

"I would rather a million babies were taken "just in case" than have to hear about just one who should have been taken but because of people like JH, wasn't. "

Seriously????? I am stunned by that.

As I understand it, John Hemmings is vehemently opposed to the secrecy of the family courts, and with the injunctions that fact that potentially people could be jailed in secret if they broke them (as by definition no-one would be allowed to know about it).

I think that he is perfectly within his rights as an MP and as a person to have concerns about those things.

UrsulaBuffay Wed 25-May-11 12:40:56

He sounds like a right fucked up twatbag, if he thinks something needs to be changed in SS shouldn't he go about it professionally in his profession as a politician not talking out of his arse on Mumsnet. That's without getting into the rights and wrongs of:

-his ideas re adoption
-his extra marital affair/s

Spero Wed 25-May-11 12:48:48

Gosh. Hearing John Hemming compared to Mandela.

I am torn between pissing myself laughing or vomiting violently all over the keyboard.

You are having a joke aren't you? Aren't you??

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Wed 25-May-11 13:11:52

Whatever one's opinion of John Hemmings MP may be, it is a tad ironic that a proven adulterer has allegedly abused parliamentary privilege to expose an alleged abuse of due process in the Civil Courts which has enabled another allegedly adulterous male to prevent his sponsors and the general public being made aware of his duplicity.

The words 'couldn't up it make you' spring to mind.

<still gagging for next Private Eye fix>

StewieGriffinsMom Wed 25-May-11 13:13:07

trippy Wed 25-May-11 13:14:16

Maryz Wed 25-May-11 13:22:59

wednesday13 Wed 25-May-11 13:24:17

Trippy that is a sad sad story. Thanks for being so honest.

As soon as I heard on the news that a "West Midlands MP" had outed the footballer I knew who it would be.

UrsulaBuffay Wed 25-May-11 13:24:27

Why is nothing being done about this, it is horrendous! So sorry to read your story trippy.

StewieGriffinsMom Wed 25-May-11 13:41:10

wannaBe Wed 25-May-11 13:46:14

am so sorry trippy. sad

why has no-one ever gone to the media over this man?

EricNorthmansMistress Wed 25-May-11 13:48:48

Trippy sad

I'm fucking furious with him. You poor woman, you were so vulnerable and if you had trusted the right people you may have avoided the situation. JH has no right to interfere in that way, he doesn't have a clue what he is talking about and what damage he does to people, and to children

With respect, it sounds like, at the time of the birth and after, you were not capable of safely parenting. But with support and cooperation you might have been. angry

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »