Talk

Advanced search

More Crazy Book Prices!

(11 Posts)
zukiecat Fri 20-May-11 21:22:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NadiaWadia Fri 20-May-11 21:27:42

I still have my old copy of the first book. Maybe I should be selling it!

Didn't realise there was a sequel. What happens?

zukiecat Fri 20-May-11 21:32:04

whoatethelastbiscuit Fri 20-May-11 22:33:28

I got come back lucy a little while back too from amazon, think it was about £20 and I thought that was a baragain! envy, mind you I didn't buy it, one of my dd's did as she was so fed up of me going on about it. The TV series is not on dvd yet but someone has put it on youtube. I'm watching out for Lucy Beware as well, but at that price it'll be a long time...

NadiaWadia Fri 20-May-11 22:38:20

How sweet of your DD to get it for you.

zukiecat Fri 20-May-11 23:12:26

zukiecat Sat 21-May-11 12:16:43

fuzzywuzzy Sun 28-Aug-11 16:47:51

Zukiecat the secodn book is also sold as 'mirror of danger' think the title was aimed at the american market.

WhereYouLeftIt Sun 28-Aug-11 17:09:38

I think a lot of the crazy prices are down to large sellers using computer programs to price their stock. I've noticed the opposite, where a book I was interested in was available from three large sellers (and lots of small sellers). Every day, the price from the three large sellers would drop by a couple of pence, undercutting each other; while the price from the small sellers remained unchanged. There's no way they could go around their entire stock daily and reprice it manually.

I'm guessing that it works the other way too - if there's little competition, one seller's program prices their copy higher than that competition's if the condition is better; if the price gap is wide enough it triggers the competition's program to consider it underpriced and change it accordingly.

zukiecat Sun 28-Aug-11 18:37:15

fuzzywuzzy Sun 28-Aug-11 19:56:04

Zukie it's available on amazon under that name for about a fiver I think or it was when I posted, sorry sometimes I post expecting people to read my mind blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now