Talk

Advanced search

Would you use this Wedding photographer?If not can you recommend someone?

(64 Posts)
Helpmedecidepls Wed 11-May-11 15:07:56

Hi
Getting married in September this year.Going to in SW area(although I live on outskirts of London) lovely registry ofice.
Need to find a photographer.

Been in touch with this one

www.proimagestudiophtography.net

What do you think?

Don't understand how whole process works really.The guy on the phone aid I would need to pay a £200 deposit over the phone.Hate things like that incase they're not genuine!

Sorry for it being a Wedding thread!

Helpmedecidepls Wed 11-May-11 15:09:35

Sorry!

www.proimagestudiophotography.net

bluepaws Wed 11-May-11 15:11:08

looks nice enough

squeakytoy Wed 11-May-11 15:15:06

hmmmm, I would shop around a bit, there are some dreadful photos on there (particularly the scowling girl in a gold dress looking like she is walking home pissed from a pub)..

I wouldnt pay anything over the phone. A reputable photographer will give you a contract to sign before you hand any money over. They should also be registered too.

minipie Wed 11-May-11 15:24:30

I'd say you should meet the photographer and have a look at their portfolio in the flesh (including some complete weddings they've done) before you sign up or pay any money.

You will see a lot of the photographer on the day so you want it to be someone you don't find annoying. Also, people have been known to put other people's photos on their websites.

The forum youandyourwedding has a lot of discussion of photographers, you might find this one on there? or recommendations for others.

minipie Wed 11-May-11 15:26:24

this site tends to have excellent photographers but they are not cheap...

Santiagosmama Wed 11-May-11 15:29:17

www.rocknrollbride.com Sarah Gawler is my fave Good Luck!

Helpmedecidepls Wed 11-May-11 15:29:53

Thanyou so much for th advce!
Will shop around!Thanks for the link minipie.Looking at it nowsmile

Helpmedecidepls Wed 11-May-11 15:33:25

Thankyou Santia!Wow saw the pictures!Makes me feel quiteblush as all I'm having is my 2 dcs there and 2 witnesses.

supergreenuk Wed 11-May-11 15:33:28

They look very magazine posed. Agree that a face to face appointment is required to check out there work. I would expect a deposit.

junkcollector Wed 11-May-11 15:35:12

WWW.markcareyphotography.com. is a friend of a friend and quite good i think.

emsyj Wed 11-May-11 15:36:08

A Facebook friend of mine (met on a wedding forum) recently posted her photos from Emma Case Photography and they are amazing.

Looks very suspicious I know as my user name makes it clear that my name is Emma, but I am definitely not a photographer! I don't know how expensive she is but I think she is in London.

I used Victoria Dawe elegantandwild.co.uk and she is lovely.

JennaTailor Wed 11-May-11 15:58:46

This guy is in Barnet N.London. I have used him twice and have been very pleased with the results. http://www.peopleportraits.co.uk/

JennaTailor Wed 11-May-11 15:59:14

www.peopleportraits.co.uk/

JennaTailor Wed 11-May-11 15:59:21

www.peopleportraits.co.uk/

EMS23 Wed 11-May-11 16:21:42

www.funkyphotographers.co.uk
Hannah did my wedding and is fabulous. She came on recommendation to me and I highly recommend her forward.

HerecometheBelgians Wed 11-May-11 16:26:00

We used Fergus Noone for our wedding in Surrey. He's based in Greenwich market and is AMAZING. Lovely, relaxed, beautiful pics and reasonably priced.

Wishing you all the best for your wedding and a long and happy life together.

toomuchmonthatendofthemoney Wed 11-May-11 16:26:37

hi, try www.gillflettlifestyle.com she is ace.

toomuchmonthatendofthemoney Wed 11-May-11 16:28:35

sorry that should be www.gillflettlifestyle.com

MmeLindt Wed 11-May-11 16:34:17

em
Love the Victoria Dawes website - I like her style, not so photoshopped looking as some of the others, very natural.

Definitely go and meet the photographer and have a look at his/her work.

MayDayChild Wed 11-May-11 16:39:38

Check my cousin obv I'm biased but she is fab
Helenenglandphotography.co.uk.
Sorry don't know how to paste link from iPhone.
She is one man band type thing so might be cheaper. I don't know what she charges.
Have a super lovely wedding.
Check out headinguptheaisle.co.uk for a fab blog as well. Inspiring

elizabethsiddal Wed 11-May-11 17:07:51

I recommend www.kathrynandrewsweddings.co.uk/

emsyj Wed 11-May-11 17:12:04

Hmm, sometimes I wish I looked a bit more photoshopped in my wedding book tho! grin We chose Vicky as she doesn't do more than six posed shots, her style is very informal.

GleamingHeels Wed 11-May-11 17:13:59

Completely wrong end of the country - but in case anyone in Scotland is reading this, I'd recommend http://www.ianarthur.com/ - he's fab and really good with people

GleamingHeels Wed 11-May-11 17:15:02

www.ianarthur.com/
having another go at the link

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now