Talk

Advanced search

To hate children's t-shirts with slogans on?

(18 Posts)
SuzysZoo Thu 28-Apr-11 22:40:18

AIBU to hate children's t-shirts with silly slogans/writing on and to particularly hate the ones that say "Here comes trouble?"

fartingfran Thu 28-Apr-11 22:44:06

Once I did. Having seen the speed with which the little darlings cover any slogans with food, grass, paint and other unidentifiable staining substances I'm much less arsed. A month in my house undergoing the tumble dryer cycle of doom soon zaps 'em anyway.

sims2fan Thu 28-Apr-11 23:14:41

Yanbu, I hate them too. Can't understand why asda, in their TV George children's clothes advert, choose to promote as their best boy's t shirt one that says in big letters "I Wreck Everything." Yuk!

blueeyedmonster Thu 28-Apr-11 23:24:53

Maybe the parents are warning you with the slogans, giving you time to run for your life grin

ImNotThere Thu 28-Apr-11 23:26:49

I'm thinking of getting one that says 'Free to a good any home'.

kreecherlivesupstairs Fri 29-Apr-11 08:13:11

I don't like patterned things full stop. Unfortunately DD loves a bit of glitter and bling.
She's gone to school this morning in a union jack t.shirt with little shiny bits on it and leggings with shiny bits on them.
Her choice but when she was smaller and more malleable and I was in charge, if she got stripes on her t.shirt it was fancy.

Iggly Fri 29-Apr-11 08:24:03

Yanbu. I saw one that said Frankie says relax. I'm sure that's from a song about shagging and drugs?!!

cookcleanerchaufferetc Fri 29-Apr-11 08:41:57

Next once had shorts with "juicy" on the bum .... For a 4 year old. I complained.

GlassofRose Sat 22-Sep-12 00:05:31

I laugh at slogans... but a friend of mine just posted a picture of her 3 month old wearing this www.viviennewestwood.co.uk/shop/gifts/childrens/i-love-crap-baby-grow-12639/

vamosbebe Sat 22-Sep-12 00:11:48

and those horrific babygros that say 'daddy only asked for a back rub' and the such shudder

I did have a Frankie says Relax t-shirt when it came out... ahem!

toomanydaisies Sat 22-Sep-12 00:32:34

YANBU. Hate em. Eurgh. Next are terrible for it - was given Bext vouchers and struggled to buy anything without some stupid slogan on it about princesses or naughty horrors. Gender stereotyped rubbish. Actually, just rubbish!

oooohhhhyes Sat 22-Sep-12 00:35:41

I saw two siblings with tee shirts that said "Thing One" and "Thing Two". I realised later it was a Dr Seuss thing, but at the time was really shock - and in fact still think it's a rotten way to label your children.

HolyAutumnGoldBatman Sat 22-Sep-12 00:42:22

I don't mind them generally, depends what the slogan is.

I'm not keen on the 'here comes trouble', 'trouble is my middle name'

The worst one I've seen on a baby (maybe 18 months old) said 'lock up your daughters'. This one.

Just....why...?

HolyAutumnGoldBatman Sat 22-Sep-12 00:46:11

This one I quite like.

ShavingPrimateRyan Sat 22-Sep-12 01:07:12

Going into primark makes my teeth go one edge.
"if you think I'm cute you should see my mummy"
"50% mummy 50% daddy"
"100% angel"

YUK!

ShavingPrimateRyan Sat 22-Sep-12 01:07:28

*on edge

missingmumxox Sat 22-Sep-12 01:09:55

I don't know? when I was living in the US, in OshKosh they had a really cool boys bright yellow t-shirt with a truck on it and the writing said Monster trucker..only it didn't, they had used a font that made it look like monster fucker, I had to buy it, it has a small hole in it 4 years on, my cousin so wants it for his son smile

TraineeBabyCatcher Sat 22-Sep-12 01:29:02

The only one I've ever seen which made me chuckle was a 'been inside for 9 months' newborn baby grow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now