Talk

Advanced search

Theam parks

(39 Posts)
maypole1 Thu 07-Apr-11 17:00:46

to think even with disabled discount I am still paying £90 to go to chessington and £2 for parking when we have a disabled bagde

We are doing other thongs thats don't cost that much but we like to take the children once at easter and once at summer holidays

scurryfunge Thu 07-Apr-11 17:02:52

It is not too bad value if it is for a large family and you have packed lunches.

NinkyNonker Thu 07-Apr-11 17:02:57

Sorry, what's your question?

cookielove Thu 07-Apr-11 17:10:17

Yes what is the question?

Also i realise i may be flamed for asking this, but why are you mentioning about the £2 for parking, i assume for the disabled space you will be almost directly outside the park entrance (actually i went there a few weeks ago and disabled spaces are def right out the front)

Also with chessington part of it is a zoo so in my opinion you are getting a theme park and a zoo, which almost saves you money if you think about it that way.

They have a baby gorrilla <sooooo cute>

Groovee Thu 07-Apr-11 17:15:32

YABU you know the price and all places like this are similar prices. People without disabilities pay a lot more. I have a disability but we just pay full price as it's our choice to go to a theme park.

52Girls Thu 07-Apr-11 17:16:39

I didn't think anyone went to those sort of places without Tesco vouchers these days. I have a friend who says: ''If Tesco don't go, we don't go''. smile

They are bloody expensive - certainly not a once a week treat but nice occasionally.

MillyR Thu 07-Apr-11 17:18:05

I think it is very good value for money. We went to Blackpool pleasure beach for about £90 and that worked out at about £1 per person per ride.

It depends on what your disability is and how many rides are going to be suitable for you to go on. We went to Chessington with DH who is disabled, and there were lots of things he could do or go on. Chessington is my 2nd favourite theme park, although I don't know how it is if the queues are long, as we went in term time.

TheVisitor Thu 07-Apr-11 17:19:28

Well, we can't afford to go at all, nor do we have transport to get to these sort of things.

MadamDeathstare Thu 07-Apr-11 17:21:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BluddyMoFo Thu 07-Apr-11 17:21:44

MadamDeathstare Thu 07-Apr-11 17:23:30

MillyR Thu 07-Apr-11 17:24:27

Thevisitor, we don't have transport, but can get to Blackpool easily on the train. The pleasure beach has its own train station. I would like to go to Chessington again and am wondering if it is possible to get there easily on public transport. I think Alton Towers is also accessible by train plus shuttle bus.

YouaretooniceNOT Thu 07-Apr-11 17:25:39

Groovee pleased you can afford a full price ticket - most carers cannot. Being a carer in my instance means i cannot work.

Sirzy Thu 07-Apr-11 17:26:20

I don't see why a disabled badge should have any impact on what you pay to park anyway.

Theme parks are expensive but you know that when you go. Either pay the price, hunt for vouchers or don't go!

YouaretooniceNOT Thu 07-Apr-11 17:26:49

The carers/disabled ticket price i am sure are not THAT much cheaper.

southeastastra Thu 07-Apr-11 17:27:23

i am reading op in an 'allo allo' stylee

Bluebell99 Thu 07-Apr-11 17:31:36

They have started charging for parking for everyone this year which i think is very cheeky. I'm really annoyed about it tbh, I think it costs enough to enter these theme parks without having to pay to park as well.

maypole1 Thu 07-Apr-11 17:49:13

Really for 4 people £90 thats cheap
I must really be out of touch
And on the disabled parking we have to use the car its not as if I could
Hop on a bus with a child who has no legs

MikeRotch Thu 07-Apr-11 17:51:44

but its a once a year thing isnt it?

take on tesco points

Sirzy Thu 07-Apr-11 17:52:06

To be fair buses do have disabled access now. I see no reason why you should pay less than everyone else to park!

YouaretooniceNOT Thu 07-Apr-11 17:55:12

Perhaps disabled people find it difficult to work = no money Sirzy so have to survive on meagre benefits.

I cannto afford theme parks and i haven't had a daytrip let alone a holiday since 1998.

pointydog Thu 07-Apr-11 17:58:34

I always balk at the price of theme parks when I'm about to shell out. I'm a bit of a tight-arse.

But all our trips to theme parks have been such a hoot, tons of fun, that I consider every one of them money well spent.

cookielove Thu 07-Apr-11 17:59:14

Have you tried booking online? you may be able to get it cheaper.

pointydog Thu 07-Apr-11 17:59:52

grin southeast. It is a bit pidgin.

cookielove Thu 07-Apr-11 18:00:24

try this website

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now