Talk

Advanced search

My DS phone stolen from school so WIBU

(57 Posts)
seriouslycantbebothered Thu 17-Feb-11 18:28:40

To phone the little S**t every 2 minutes to make me feel better . I wouldnt mind he only got the phone at christmas . we know who it was but nothing anyone can do . My Ds who is 11 is crying hes eyes out . Shame he has had to learn such a hard lesson in life .

BoysAreLikeDogs Thu 17-Feb-11 18:29:49

why can you do nothing?

If you know who has it, go and ask for it back, report to school, or police

mrsgetonwithit Thu 17-Feb-11 18:30:01

Are they allowed to take phones to school?

Rhadegunde Thu 17-Feb-11 18:31:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

seriouslycantbebothered Thu 17-Feb-11 18:34:52

He needs phone to phone me as he has to wait 15 mins or so after school untill I pick him up as I work . I know nothing will be done as what can they do He will deny taking it . This child and I say child as he can only be 11 or 12 has since September this is year 7 been in exclusion at least twice a week various fights every week and when staff were told it was him they keew it to be true . But this is the cloth this child is cut from it is what he is and `i do not predict a very fulfilling future for him . But I admit I did cry when I found out . I must have runr the number at least fifty time by now . The weird thing is sometimes it goes onto answer phone and sometimes it rings put .

Rhadegunde Thu 17-Feb-11 18:42:33

Salmotrutta Thu 17-Feb-11 18:43:49

This is why schools normally have rules about no mobile phones. Sadly, most parents don't enforce the rule.
Our pupils are told that phones at school are dissaproved of very strongly and if pupils bring them they should be stowed in lockers. If something happens to them and the school frowns on pupils having phones (as most do) then I'm afraid it's the pupils' responsibility.
Why does your son have to phone you if he knows he has to wait 15 mins?

Salmotrutta Thu 17-Feb-11 18:44:31

disapproved even!

AnnieOnAMapleLeaf Thu 17-Feb-11 18:44:45

Salmotrutta Thu 17-Feb-11 18:46:09

How do you know who it is? What proof?

HowBleddyRude Thu 17-Feb-11 18:49:08

How do you know it waw this child - did anyone see him? Is there any chance that it really wasn't this child? (give a dog a bad name and all that)

trixie123 Thu 17-Feb-11 18:49:28

without any proof that it was this boy (ie a witness) the school will find it hard to act, though they may do a general announcement about not bringing valuables to school, a known thief etc. Is it really necessary for him to have it? My mum used to pick me up at 5.30 from secondary school. I did hwk until the prearranged pick up time.

HowBleddyRude Thu 17-Feb-11 18:49:35

waw = was

blush

laosvher Thu 17-Feb-11 18:56:32

Report it to the police, give them his name.
Can they search his house? I'm not sure if they can, but worth a try.

tulipgrower Thu 17-Feb-11 19:06:15

Each mobile phone has a unique IMEI no. to identify the hardware and each SIM card has a unique IMSI no. , ask the network provider if either or both no.s can be blocked. This would at least render the phone useless to the thief.

It's theft, report it.

And make sure the next phone your son gets is ancient and uncool, which is sufficient for him to be reached, but won't be stolen. wink

seriouslycantbebothered Thu 17-Feb-11 19:30:02

It was this child people saw him going through bags and coats .

seriouslycantbebothered Thu 17-Feb-11 19:30:59

police on phone now

seriouslycantbebothered Thu 17-Feb-11 19:44:01

crime number taken and hopefully they will speak to school .

onceamai Thu 17-Feb-11 19:47:57

Well I think its more of a concern that if the child is this much trouble he hasn't been permanently excluded yet. I'd be far more concerned about his impact on the learning of scores of other children than the mobile phone.

seriouslycantbebothered Thu 17-Feb-11 20:18:19

I cant work out why he hasnt been expelled yet but mine is not to reason why .

seriouslycantbebothered Fri 18-Feb-11 13:15:56

Went back into school this morning to ask a few questions the main one being that how far does it have to go before something is done about this child . They knew who it was before I even said the name . I have had the phone blocked now so hey ho .He managed to steal two phones from the changing room yesterday so that will be the seventh phone he has stolen to date . Bless him he must like talking alot .

Indith Fri 18-Feb-11 13:19:41

If you get your ds a new phone then get it postcoded byt he police. You can get the pens and postcode all items like phones, MP3 players etc. Then at least it is easy to prove ownership.

seriouslycantbebothered Fri 18-Feb-11 13:25:12

thanks for the tip there Indith but I am sure the phone is long gone by now . But good to know for future phones . An I phone not being one of them lol
I had to see school as my DS had a games lesson with this little cherub this morning and I felt very strongly that it would not be a good idea to have my DS any where near him . The school has assured me that ASBO boy (sorry for being childish but I am still angry ) will be removed from this lesson .

kreecherlivesupstairs Fri 18-Feb-11 13:29:55

IIWM, I wouldn't be getting my DC another phone.
If he only uses it while he waits for you, it is unnecessary.
Some children are little shits though, I'll give you that.

frasersmummy Fri 18-Feb-11 13:34:08

If other kids saw him going through pockets then surely there is enough proof for the school to at leastr challenge the parents ..

very odd that they are turning a blind eye

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now