Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to really not understand going out in your pyjamas

(181 Posts)
Filibear Mon 17-Jan-11 08:42:05

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

onmyfeet Mon 17-Jan-11 08:55:51

Yanbu. It's strange isn't it?

ILovedYou Mon 17-Jan-11 08:57:31

Tis strange but there might be a good reason for it. HAS TO BE!!! LOL.

hoovercraft Mon 17-Jan-11 08:58:57

Its quite the thing in some areas not far from me. I dont understand it at all.Its a great source of amusement to us all though.

SwearyMary Mon 17-Jan-11 08:59:33

I find it very odd too, especially when they pair their PJ's with some of those ugly popular Ugg type boots. My guess is that they are trying to get the Apres Ski look....

TrillianAstra Mon 17-Jan-11 09:00:22

They are covered, and it is comfortable.

JessicaRabid Mon 17-Jan-11 09:00:40

YANBU. It's very common around here. Yesterday at my local Tesco there was a woman shopping in pyjamas accompanied by a 6\7 year old girl also in pyjamas!

JessicaRabid Mon 17-Jan-11 09:01:35

It was about 2pm!

SwearyMary Mon 17-Jan-11 09:04:32

I agree, Trillian, cut off tops, teeny short skirts etc are much more offensive IMO!

juuule Mon 17-Jan-11 09:05:03

I don't understand it either.
Do people have 'going out' pyjamas that they change into confusedor do they actually go out in the pyjamas they slept in all night?

TrillianAstra Mon 17-Jan-11 09:08:05

Are you sure they are pyjamas?

Not just fashionable soft trousers that tuck into uggs?

superv1xen Mon 17-Jan-11 09:12:38

i saw my next door neighbour go out in hers yesterday! and she is in her 30's confused

although i live in a very chavvy not very posh area

superv1xen Mon 17-Jan-11 09:13:40

oh and there is a mum on the school run who brings the kids to school EVERY DAY in hers confused tucked into fake uggs. horrible. i just couldn't.

2blessed2bstressed Mon 17-Jan-11 09:18:30

I take ds2 to school in my pjs sometimes, because I'm going back to bed soon as I've dropped him off. Never get out of the car tho!

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 17-Jan-11 09:22:38

Me and DD were amazed a couple of weeks ago when we saw a woman in pyjamas - they were definately PJs - tucked into Uggs with full hair and make up.

If you have enough time in the morning to do you hair and make up, get dressed.

I think it looks terrible, and the way this girl was dressed, it was attention seeking 'ooh look at me and how rebellious I am'

mommmmyof2 Mon 17-Jan-11 09:24:15

I did see a youngish woman walking the other day into a shop, must have been around 12 with pink pj bottoms, dressing gound and slippers!
I did think it was a little weird, tried not to stare but couldnt help it confused

I do sometimes take ds out in pj's though if I am running late to take dd to school, but then he is in a pushchair it over the road and he covered up, otherwise I wouldn't grin

JBellingham Mon 17-Jan-11 09:26:58

Where is the harm? Chillax

BubbleBobble Mon 17-Jan-11 09:28:53

I think it's hilarious and long may it continue, so I have something to be judgy about. Hehe.

superv1xen Mon 17-Jan-11 09:28:57

haha 2blessed tbh i would do the same if i didnt have to get out of the car

thenightsky Mon 17-Jan-11 09:29:23

I used to take the dog out first thing (6am) but I put an old track suit over my pjs.

knitty Mon 17-Jan-11 09:35:37

Well there is no harm in it, I would just sort of stare in wonderment.Other people and their habits are fascinating aren't they. Having said that, I have never actually observed anyone wearing pyjamas in public, I will now keep an eye out!

The3Bears Mon 17-Jan-11 09:36:12

yanbu get dressed pople it isnt hard

ILikeMilk Mon 17-Jan-11 09:36:22

How a man can fancy a woman that still in her PJs by 2 pm?

itsybitsy08 Mon 17-Jan-11 09:38:26

Its not an uncommon sight around here!

I saw a woman shopping (and i mean a full weeks shop, not just popping in for a pint of milk) in asda wearing a big pink fluffy dressing gown, pjs and furry slippers. This was approx 3pm.

Do i think she had been washed? No.
Do i think she had slept in them? Yes.
So i think she had wore them all day after sleeping in them? Yes.

Its bloody scruffy and i could not believe me eyes! Her poor bloke looked mortified.

My hairdresser is not from round here, and he was driving past one of the primary schools. He said he had to stop his car and take a photo - practically every mam was wearing pjs - his mates back home would not believe him if he told them!

I think its rank!

poissonrouge Mon 17-Jan-11 09:39:04

Are we only supposed to do things that allow men to fancy us then?

Fuck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now