Talk

Advanced search

To have asked for my money back?

(7 Posts)
Dolcegusto Sun 16-Jan-11 23:12:39

Took dds (2 & 4) to soft play today, one I'd never been to before, paid £4 for them to play but left after 10 mins as there were teenagers and parents in there sprinting around and knocking smaller kids over.

There was also a dad in the ball pit set aside for babies with about six older kids (probably about 8-10 yo) having a ball fight that looked pretty violent, definitely could not have put 2 yo dd in there.

Finally left when I heard dd2 crying, so I went in to get her to find get crying in a corner, had to carry her out as she was so scared.

Dd1 didn't seem to mind it too much, but when I put dd2 to bed tonight, she told me 'soft play scary mummy'.

I dint think iabu but am interested in what others would have done.

FabbyChic Sun 16-Jan-11 23:13:36

I think under those circumstances I would have asked for my money back.

MadamDeathstare Sun 16-Jan-11 23:22:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

charliesmommy Sun 16-Jan-11 23:26:22

I would have been furious and asked for my money back. Are there no staff on duty to keep an eye on things?

The one I take grandaughter too has got two seperate areas, one for under 5's.. one for older kids. And it is monitored closely.

Dolcegusto Sun 16-Jan-11 23:30:49

I think they problem was that there were 3 birthday parties going on so it was really busy.

I spoke to the manager who said that the parents could go in if there dcs were in there, no problem with that at all but you'd think they'd have a bit of consideration for smaller dcs. In fact I saw one mother slide down some foam steps upside down on her back and knock over 3 dcs who were trying to climb up the steps.

Was surprised dd2 was so freaked out by it, she's normally the first to jump into a group of bigger kids but for her to be scared and it to still be on her mind at bedtime says a lot really.

cat64 Sun 16-Jan-11 23:44:52

Message withdrawn

Dolcegusto Sun 16-Jan-11 23:49:58

I agree cat, but I went for lunch as a treat for the dcs as I've been working lots lately. I told the manager it wouldn't put me off coming back, I'd just do it on a week day when it was quieter.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: