'I will be picking the buggy up at 8, have to stay at work longer.'

thats it.

I feel like saying 'errr no you wont!'

but i need it gone.

whats wrong with 'would it be ok to...?'

TotorosOcarina Sun 16-Jan-11 17:38:29

what happened to POLITENESS?!?

fedupofnamechanging Sun 16-Jan-11 17:44:15

Agree that this is rude. How you handle it is up to you. You could either be out at 8, or send back an email saying this isn't convenient. Depends how much you want to get rid of it though.

loolooskiptotheloo Sun 16-Jan-11 17:46:20

that is very rude, email back "ok, you can pick some manners up while you're here!"

FaffTastic Sun 16-Jan-11 17:47:54

Agree that it is a very blunt e-mail and comes across as rude. No "Hope this is OK" or "Sorry for any inconvienience" etc.

Some people just don't 'get' writing emails though. I work with a bloke whose e-mails are always shory and to the point. They make him sound like an arrogant asshole. Face-to-face he is actually very pleasant.

theevildead2 Sun 16-Jan-11 17:53:03

Had an ebay thread on this myself yesterday! people need to learn that just adding "would it be alright... please" would always get them what they want.

clumsymumluckybaby Sun 16-Jan-11 17:56:05

this drives me mad!

whatever happened to politeness?hmm

mangoandlime Sun 16-Jan-11 17:56:45

Well, it's still your item. Do as you please. I think it's rude though. Some people have no manners. Remember it's you doing the favour, not them. Is Gumtree free?

dotnet Sun 16-Jan-11 18:25:30

Yes, very rude. I'd be inclined to email back 'Thankyou for your email asking if it would be convenient to pick up the buggy at 8pm but I'm afraid it's not. Please suggest another time and hopefully we can work something out. Thank you.'

I don't know if the penny will drop, but (potentially biting off my nose to spite my face) I would want the 'power' of forcing him/her to revise his/her way of putting his/her 'request.' Then, if he/she emails back saying 'I'll be coming at on ' -you'll have to decide whether to give up on educating this person!

igetmorelovefromthecat Sun 16-Jan-11 19:21:27

Haha dotnet - sounds like me in the supermarket when somebody cuts me up/barges into me with their trolley and then doesn't apologise. I always make a point of saying "That's OK, don't worry about it", in my most faux cheery whilst sarky voice, loudly.

TotorosOcarina Sun 16-Jan-11 20:57:31

.... anddddd he never showed up hmm

TheMonster Sun 16-Jan-11 20:59:41

How annoying. Was it something you were offering for free?
Have a scream to release the tension!

RiojaLover75 Sun 16-Jan-11 21:14:47

A had a bidder who won my buggy last Sunday night and then wanted to collect it on 22nd Jan. Very rude e-mails from them and now no reply after I asked then to collect it within seven days of the auction ending ie nine pm today, ffs angry.

Don't bloody bid on an item if you can't (or can't be arsed) to collect in a reasonable time!

TheMonster Sun 16-Jan-11 21:32:25

That would annoy me too, rioja. It means you end up with a long list of terms and conditions. Now you'll have to put that collections are to be made with seven days of the end of the auction.

RiojaLover75 Sun 16-Jan-11 21:51:10

I've re-listed it now with ALL the terms and conditions clearly stated. If the original winner turns up next Saturday unannounced then more fool them! I've told them that it's being re-listed.

Ocarina you could re-list and tell the original bidders to p**s off grin.

TheMonster Sun 16-Jan-11 21:52:50

Make sure you block them too, rioja.

RiojaLover75 Sun 16-Jan-11 21:57:53

Done grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now