Talk

Advanced search

... to hoover the pug?

(11 Posts)
tinkertitonk Sun 16-Jan-11 13:54:25

The pug sheds (= moults). A lot, all the time. So to save time I hoover her rather than the carpet. Not with the big scary hoover-that-lives-under-the-stairs but a small hand-held model. She seems to enjoy it but am I being a bad person to be motivated by thoughts of my own convenience rather than her pleasure?

Curiousmama Sun 16-Jan-11 13:55:53

You'd soon know if she didn't. And I think groomers use something similar don't they?

Have you heard of the furminator? I just got one for my shedding dog. It pulls the undercoat off. You do have to be gentle though but it works.

belgo Sun 16-Jan-11 13:56:10

I remember hoovering out long haired cat. It was fine. Just don't hoover the ears/tail etc (states obvious)

Curiousmama Sun 16-Jan-11 13:57:08

furminator Bargain!

Cyb Sun 16-Jan-11 13:58:36

My Nana used to hoover her Yorkie

One day she hoovered up his willy without noticing

PlentyOfParsnips Sun 16-Jan-11 13:58:54

YANBU

I'd like to do the cats but they'd take my face off.

tinkertitonk Sun 16-Jan-11 14:02:23

Curious you have enhanced my life and are a queen amongst women.

Please no more willy stories.

Curiousmama Sun 16-Jan-11 15:14:37

Glad to hear it grin

That willy comment reminds me of a Sean Lock joke .......

2blessed2bstressed Sun 16-Jan-11 15:20:05

My dog doesn't have a willy. He has a lipstick grin

Deflatedballoonbelly Sun 16-Jan-11 15:23:13

My Frenchie gets hoovered.

With regards to lipstick: Once, we caught him with his chap in an empty 2L coke bottle. Obviously he had been having a bit of slap and tickle with it. Blerk, It took AGES to sort him out. I rang the vet in a terrible panic, and they laughed. bastards.

2blessed2bstressed Sun 16-Jan-11 15:26:49

My dog has a leather football in the bag garden that he - well, I was going to say "mounts" but he's a cairn terrier so he kind of wobbles on top of it, with his paws barely touching the ground - and then rubs his lipstick on. It's just plain rude.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now