Talk

Advanced search

to say that Nick Junior is broken on our telly. And it's your fault Peppa.

(26 Posts)
goodasgold Fri 14-Jan-11 22:22:02

Forever.

I have detested it for a while, but my dd(4) and ds (2) like some of the shows. Especially Peppa Pig.

Peppa Pig was on today whilst I was clearing away after breakfast etc and Grandpa Pig called the parrot a silly old bird.

A little while later my small sweet ds called me a silly old bird, so I said I'm sorry Nick Junior is broken now, (and that's not a very nice thing to say)

TattyDevine Fri 14-Jan-11 23:00:55

You silly old bird.

moaningminniewhingesagain Fri 14-Jan-11 23:03:18

What is really sad, is I know which episode that is, just from your OPblush

I am still finding that the new Peppa's voice is much more annoying than the previous one.

We prefer Ben and Holly ATMgrin

DebiTheScot Fri 14-Jan-11 23:06:24

I love Peppa, i got really excited the other day when there was 3 episodes in a row that I hadn't seen blush
Do love Ben and Holly too.

Good to read that your 4 year old likes Peppa as my 4.9 ds1 still likes it too and I was wondering if he 'should' be too old for it now. (I don't want him to be and would rather he watched that than Ben 10)

ronshar Fri 14-Jan-11 23:08:47

I have no problem at all telling my youngest that peppa has gone to bed and will be asleep until tomorrow.
This is normally by about 9amgrin

usualsuspect Fri 14-Jan-11 23:10:10

Why?

sungirltan Fri 14-Jan-11 23:11:01

my cousin sky plus's peppa pig for her dd. the 2 year old dd understands this, that peppa pig is available at all times and screams the place down for it. do not do this!!! he he

ronshar Fri 14-Jan-11 23:24:03

That is why.
My ds can get quite violent if he thinks he is being deprived of the pig! A good reminder why I dont agree with small children watching TV.

InPraiseOfBacchus Fri 14-Jan-11 23:29:23

I can't stand Peppa - the speech patterns they use really get on my tits. I know they only speak without using contractions ("it's" becomes "it is") to convince parents that this show will be more educationally enriching (I can't see why) ergo they'll watch the show, buy the plushies and DVDs etc! Hate it!!!

goodasgold Fri 14-Jan-11 23:45:45

My dd(11) and I have discussed Peppa Pig.

She is not a very nice little girl. The father is portrayed as a dunderhead.

Its not how our family works, we are all best friends in our family.

But my youngest two like it, after today it is broken, Cbeebies now.

Oh and my ds called me a silly old bird all day.

I think Peppa Pig is the devils cartoon.

usualsuspect Fri 14-Jan-11 23:46:56

ok

SycamoretreeIsVile Fri 14-Jan-11 23:49:52

Peppa Pig is great. Mrs Rabbit is my heroine.

But it is also available on other channels, so beware the Nick Jr faux story. They will seek it out on Milkshake or elsewhere grin

goodasgold Fri 14-Jan-11 23:59:16

Thanks SycamoretreIsVile.

We will be sticking to Cbeebies for a while.

And Peppa Pig is not great, she is horrid to Georgie and pretty rude to her parents.

I was shocked because I always thought that what they said came from us, that we were the primary influence.

sooz28 Sat 15-Jan-11 00:07:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

usualsuspect Sat 15-Jan-11 00:10:56

TV is evil ...they will get square eyes

llareggub Sat 15-Jan-11 00:12:10

My youngest son's first word was Peppa.

defineme Sat 15-Jan-11 00:12:36

My friend's 8 yrold was sick of having to watch 'something special' because his 3 yrold sister was a big fan. My friend overheard him saying 'I'm sorry to have to tell you this dsis, but Mr Tumble is dead'

Friend had a lot of reassuring to do grin

defineme Sat 15-Jan-11 00:13:44

ps I know all the words to 'bing bang bong'

mrsoliverramsay Sat 15-Jan-11 00:16:42

My DS loves Peppa Pig. I prefer Ben and Holly myself, much better storylines I think

Lovecat Sat 15-Jan-11 00:32:43

I saw a new Ben and Holly today, the toddlers birthday party one - that show is so written for the parents! Love Nanny Plum

goodasgold Sat 15-Jan-11 00:34:26

I prefer Ben and Holly too. The nursey is the same though. Nanny Plum is Nurse Gazelle. Dead inside but no more Nick Junior.

What a load of wank.

Mr Tumble is dead?!

tomhardyismydh Sat 15-Jan-11 00:35:55

do you oject to be clled a silly old bird. it is sartirical and not very funny nor clever agreed. but would you object to being called a silly old crocodile.

anyway i hate daddy pig there is something very dirty and sweaty about him that is very off putting.

my dd had tv banned from our house in the mornings from about 2 yrs old as it was impossible to achive any routine.

she has been managing to have at least 20 min spare each morning lately befor school ( she is now 4) so tv was allowed so long as she was dressed washed etc.

however after 2 days on the second, major melt down tv is banned.

I have to agree I hate peppa and ben and hollie, only saving grace is nanny plumb, but even she shows herself up for what she treully is on occasions. A twat.

so i started off on YABU but think i just convinced myself YANBU.

baby instine is not just for babies is it? far calmer and stimulating.

tomhardyismydh Sat 15-Jan-11 00:41:16

tiny pop is a good channel.

DebiTheScot Sat 15-Jan-11 12:00:39

I haven't noticed Peppa being rude and don't think when ds1 is rude that it's anything to do with watching Peppa. There are some very funny lines in it & on several occasions ds has said pretty clever stuff & when we've asked him where he learned that he's said Peppa. Like being able to find & identify star constellations.

Some of the voices are the same in Peppa and Ben & Holly and in one of the rooms in the Thistle's castle there's a picture of Peppa's house.

goodasgold Sat 15-Jan-11 16:14:56

Daddy Pig dirty and sweaty tomhardyismydh !

The children don't seem to care that they can't watch Nick Junior anymore.

I think Peppa is a bit of a madam. I don't think that it was a coincidence that ds called me a silly old bird after watching that episode. Grandma Pig's reaction indicates that it is an insult.

I don't like ds calling me silly. Don't mind the old bird that much

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now