Talk

Advanced search

to be being so self centred

(6 Posts)
kitkey Fri 14-Jan-11 16:55:39

I have 2 DC who I love and adore and fell pregnant with quickly - they are still young just 3 and 20mths. I have been ttc no3 and had a mmc in nov- looks like I have been unsuccessful ttc this month too and this after having a horrific toothache all week, DH being away with work has made me behave awfully today like a bear with a sore head -woe is me. I feel so sorry for my DH but my mood is foul and I feel like a failure. I have no right to feel like this - there are so many people worse off than me and having terrible problems. I need my arse kicking.

mankymummymoo Fri 14-Jan-11 16:58:36

No you don't what you need is a large glass of wine and a large glass of chocolate watching rubbish on tv when the dc's are in bed.

mankymummymoo Fri 14-Jan-11 16:58:53

BAR of chocolate obviously.

Eglu Fri 14-Jan-11 17:05:43

YANBU. We all have days like that. And mankymummymoo a large glass of chocolate sounds fabby, yum

monkeyflippers Fri 14-Jan-11 17:16:38

Toothache is horrible! I get it really bad and I can't function normally until the antibiotics have started kicking in. It's no wonder you're feeling like this!

DurhamDurham Fri 14-Jan-11 17:25:33

You are human, you have feelings and needs of your own. Entitled to have the odd off day, don't be so hard on yourself.

Easier said than done....I still feel tearful years after I shouted like a banshie to my two girls. I then phoned my mum to have a moan and the girls kept tugging at my sleeve and trying to tell me something. I slammed down the phone and shouted 'WHAT DO YOU WANT!!!'......they had run me a bath and put an (unlit) candle and my book on the side. They were excited to tell me. You have no idea of awful and self -centered I felt. I've mentioned it since to the girls and they remember but don't hold it against me sad sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now