Talk

Advanced search

to rather be stupid than ugly?

(162 Posts)
AtYourCervix Fri 14-Jan-11 09:59:41

I find I can get away with being a bit thick because I look good.

AIBU and what would you rather be?

Glitterknickaz Fri 14-Jan-11 10:01:54

YABU.
How would you occupy your pretty little mind if you were stupid? How boring would life be?

allfurcoatandnoknicks Fri 14-Jan-11 10:02:41

Im not stupid.

Im pretty gorgeous too lol.

TrillianAstra Fri 14-Jan-11 10:03:19

You'd be too stupid to know you were bored. Probably too stupid to know you were thick.

Whereas if you were clever but ugly you'd know how ugly you were.

Chil1234 Fri 14-Jan-11 10:04:04

YABU. I've often thought that life must be very relaxing for stupid people.... not thinking too hard about anything has a certain appeal. But beauty is transient. Being born beautiful - as I read somewhere recently - is like being born rich... but then having the money gradually taken away. Rely on being good-looking to carry you through life and one day you'll get a very nasty shock. Intelligence, on the other hand, tends to improve with age!!!

altinkum Fri 14-Jan-11 10:04:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

iPaddle Fri 14-Jan-11 10:05:12

Stupid people often overestimate their looks.

Honeydragon Fri 14-Jan-11 10:05:25

I am doubly blessed and happy to be both ugly and stupid grin

mickeyjohn Fri 14-Jan-11 10:05:39

Depends on how thick and how ugly!!!

If I was AMAZINGLY beautiful and could earn millions being a supermodel but was a bit dense, then I'd go with beautiful any day! I'd hate to be really stupid though - that would be shit - it depends how thick you're talking!! However, If I was a genius and was a brilliant scientist but was so ugly I couldn't bear to look in the mirror and made children cry, that would be a bit crap too!

But I'd hate to be a Danielle-Lloyd type person who's very pretty but clearly thick as pigshit and doesn't seem to be a very nice person, and is so thick she couldn't see how horrid she was (remember in Celeb BB? She was nasty!)

Hmmm. On balance I am thinking a beautiful genius is the way forward!!!!

Hm

hoovercraft Fri 14-Jan-11 10:06:35

Maybe you are just too stupid to realise you are ugly

Now that would be embarrassing.

MollysChambers Fri 14-Jan-11 10:06:43

YANBU.

I, however, am fortunate enough to be both beautiful and incredibly intelligent wink

NacMacFeegle Fri 14-Jan-11 10:09:18

LMAO.

I've never met an ugly person, truly. Depends what your criteria are.

I've met a few who behave in a stupid way, but they are not neccessarily stupid.

I need more information before making a judgement - I need objective criteria on "ugly" and "stupid." Otherwise, I have to assume YATTP.

LeQueen Fri 14-Jan-11 10:12:25

Winetimeisfinetime Fri 14-Jan-11 10:14:05

Beauty fades, dumb is forever !

Bogeyface Fri 14-Jan-11 10:15:43

Another one who scrubs up well but has a v high IQ!

I think I would rather be me than you if you think that ugly has anything to do with looks!

BluddyMoFo Fri 14-Jan-11 10:17:00

Saltatrix Fri 14-Jan-11 10:20:43

Intelligence and beauty can fade with age but I would say intelligence lasts just that bit longer (unless your unlucky)

Also depends on how stupid/intelligent your talking about.

LeQueen Fri 14-Jan-11 10:25:04

tinkertitonk Fri 14-Jan-11 10:28:00

Beauty before brains all the time. If you're a woman. This world is so hard for ugly women and so kind to beautiful ones. And it doesn't always fade; I have a cousin my age (older than I can bear to write down) who looks better with each passing year. Bitch. Mind you, having an astonishingly rich husband helps. Would she have landed him without her looks??

PissOrnMoiStick Fri 14-Jan-11 10:31:24

I am not ugly, but I am not beautiful. But am clever.

MUCH rather be clever. That way you can earn lots of money to pay for the botox.

Imagine being beautiful, and watching that beauty fade as you get older, and having nothing else about you.

curlymama Fri 14-Jan-11 10:33:47

I'd rather be somewhere in the middle, with a bit more weight on the beautiful side.

Being academically 'stupid' does not mean you are not good at anything and and have no possible means of earning a decent living. Everyone is good at something, ugly or not.

LeQueen Fri 14-Jan-11 10:35:37

Mumwithadragontattoo Fri 14-Jan-11 10:37:30

I'd take the brains every time. Cannot imagine a life without contemplation and analysis.

swanandduck Fri 14-Jan-11 10:40:30

I think people grow very bored with beautiful but vacuous people.
Like curly, I'd rather be somewhere in the middle. Maybe quirkily good looking as opposed to traditionally pretty and clever but not necessarily brain of britain.

kenobi Fri 14-Jan-11 10:41:56

I've often thought it would be better to be stupid and ugly. Life is easier for pretty people.

Glitterknickaz, if you're stupid you don't have to worry about how to occupy your mind, because there isn't much going on. That's the joy of being stupid grin

LeQueen good for your aunt, but I know a couple of girls who are beautiful and clever and they are the most neurotic people I know by a long, long way.
One of them is on antidepressants because men fall for her because of her face then ignore her intelligence. The kind of men who wouldn't do this don't bother to chat her up. She has had problems getting on at work because other women don't warm to her - though she's actually very sweet she looks like a beautiful ice queen.

The combo has not worked for her at all. If she'd been stupid she'd be married to one of the shallow men by now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: