Talk

Advanced search

to think that DH is a wierdo

(24 Posts)
emmylou157 Thu 13-Jan-11 22:22:21

he has just asked to try some breastmilk - but won't try the stuff I expressed he wants to try to drink it from me 'to see what it's like' apparently.

I think that is odd and have told him to get lost he thinks its normal and says 'all his friends have done it'.

Am I wrong to be really grossed out by this?

YourCallIsImportant Thu 13-Jan-11 22:23:31

No. No you're not.

Curiousmama Thu 13-Jan-11 22:25:03

confused ewwww

rookiemater Thu 13-Jan-11 22:25:19

Has he been watching Friends - think someone drunk some inadvertently in an episode, but yes YaNBU weirdy dh

MaeMobley Thu 13-Jan-11 22:26:09

this must be a wind up? and it is weirdo.

YANBU

I thought you needed a latch to suckle? so not that straightforward.

Honeydragon Thu 13-Jan-11 22:26:11

tbh I think dh would rather drink mine than have it keep leaking in the poor buggers eye when he <ahem> makes me happy grin

FabbyChic Thu 13-Jan-11 22:26:11

Sorry, but YUK.

thisismyboomstick Thu 13-Jan-11 22:26:15

Have you not tasted it?

Ladyofthehousespeaking Thu 13-Jan-11 22:26:42

Ewwwwwww . Weird.

oldraver Thu 13-Jan-11 22:27:45

<<oldraver sends her B/F off to the weirdo corner>>

GooseFatRoasties Thu 13-Jan-11 22:28:02

Down to you whether you allow him. Stand firm if you don't like it. I don't think it's gross as long as it's not at the same time as the baby as I don't believe it's all about the taste iyswim.

emmylou157 Thu 13-Jan-11 22:36:20

Wouldn't mind him tasting it just the thought of him trying to latch on turns my stomach.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks its gross just wanted to check that everybody doesn't do it as he said I was the strange one for not wanting him to.

I did try to explain he probably couldn't latch on anyway.

Thanks

AnyFucker Thu 13-Jan-11 22:41:45

biscuit

clumsymumluckybaby Thu 13-Jan-11 22:44:19

ewwwwww eewwwwwww ewwwwwww @ him latching on dp has tasted...but not from the source grin

orangepoo Thu 13-Jan-11 22:45:47

Me and my DH tasted some of my breastmilk off my hand (it had squirted out accidentally). I think that's pretty normal. The thought of a bloke latching is pretty grim yes, I think when you are lactating (I am not) it really does turn your stomach, but now I have finished breastfeeding, it doesn't turn my stomach but I still don't think it is very nice.

ENormaSnob Thu 13-Jan-11 22:54:40

Bitty?

emmylou157 Thu 13-Jan-11 22:56:36

Agree tasting it is normal that wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Just keep having images of his massive head on my boob -I'm off for a glass of wine to try and wipe the image away!

emmylou157 Thu 13-Jan-11 22:57:14

He did say I won't follow you round asking for bitty - that just made i worse!

oldraver Thu 13-Jan-11 23:08:49

emmylou.... its really about what you feel comfortable with and not what others do. I do hate the ..Oh everyone does it, to justify getting you own way. If you dont want to then dont.

I think quite a few men may taste from the source without thinking as part of normal sex. I know my B/F loves to suck my nipples and a bit of milk wont put him off, though I get the impression a lot of women dont like that

vintageteacups Thu 13-Jan-11 23:15:48

Aha - a new way of expressing without a breast pump.
Imagine the advert....

"Baby full up but your breasts are still engorged?
Stick your husband on for a few minutes..."

{grin] Love it!

yes OP that's a bit weird.
I have tried my own B milk and my sisters but only a bit on my finger - not like in my hot choc!

DeeCeeDee Fri 14-Jan-11 04:01:40

aaaaa, maybe its a kink thing with him, it turns him on. He wouldnt be the first, would he.Men's brains are wired totally different from ours and in terms of what turns them on, nothing surprises me really. Men have a thing about boobs anyway, both sexually and in a 'comfort' way. Stick to your guns if you really dont want to do it but the man is your husband and father of your child, and I am sure you love him; please dont label your man in your mind as a weirdo. There are men who are into much, much stranger things. I couldnt do it as Id probably burst out laughing anyway! I wouldnt think any less of my husband if he asked though, it would just be 'oh, go away' and thats it, end of story, end of it being in my mind.

MommyMayhem Fri 14-Jan-11 04:15:21

This would gross me out, but tbh loads of things about breastfeeding gross me out, even though all my kids were breastfed.

ChippingIn Fri 14-Jan-11 04:58:19

This is posted occasionally and it comes up in RL occasionally so I don't think it's highly unusual.

However, it doesn't matter if everyone else does it or no one else does it - all that matters is what you are comfortable with.

ChippingIn Fri 14-Jan-11 04:59:36

I don't think it's about being turned on either - I think it's just about trying to see what it's like - more a closeness than a sexual thing.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: