Talk

Advanced search

to think the news media...

(4 Posts)
bb99 Thu 13-Jan-11 20:50:58

should start balancing up their reporting of the whole flu epidemic thing, by actually telling people how many deaths there USUALLY are in an average year, due to the flu???

I know of perfectly healthy people in the past who have died from the 'normal' flu and complications and OK the age demographic is different this year, but FGS, I am sooo fed up with all the sabre rattling and lack of BALANCED reporting on all the channels!!!!!!!!!!1

bubbleymummy Thu 13-Jan-11 21:25:15

Im with you bb! There have been fewer deaths this year compared to last year as well but people seem even more panicked and are rushing around trying to get vaccinated even though last year no one was that bothered about getting the vaccine.

AnnOnimous Thu 13-Jan-11 21:29:45

If you KNOW that there are normally flu deaths each year, who told you? Surely the media?

Sirzy Thu 13-Jan-11 21:50:43

I agree. The media seem to be trying to whip people into panic mode.

I don't think 100 deaths from flu since september warrants the panic we are seeing tbh. Its tragic for the families don't get me wrong but as you said many people die from flu every year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now