Talk

Advanced search

To expect my sister to pop in and say hello when visiting my sister next door

(9 Posts)
tevion Thu 13-Jan-11 19:05:41

Hi
I suppose its quite trivial really but I live next door to my older sister and occasionally our other sister who is about the same age as my sister next door pops in to see my sister but never even comes and says hello to me or my ds aged 10.
I get annoyed about it thinking that at least she could come and see ds as after all she is his auntie.
So aibu.

BuzzLightBeer Thu 13-Jan-11 19:06:52

yabu. If she doesn't want to, why should she?

charliesmommy Thu 13-Jan-11 19:07:01

whats to stop you popping next door when you see her arrive????

allnightlong Thu 13-Jan-11 19:08:22

YABU you could easily go over and say hello yourself.

wukter Thu 13-Jan-11 19:08:30

YANBU at all. I'd hate that. Do they text you to say, We're here having a cuppa in X's, call in?

tevion Thu 13-Jan-11 19:12:01

No text nothing.
I figure that if they don,t ask me round then they are not that bothered so I don,t bother.

wukter Thu 13-Jan-11 19:17:51

Well maybe there has been a bit of a misunderstanding way back down the line? And now both of you are being too stubborn. 'Well, if she's not bothered, I won't bother.'

Do you call into the next door sis at other times? Do you generally get on, all 3 of you?

cat64 Thu 13-Jan-11 19:48:34

Message withdrawn

picturerail Thu 13-Jan-11 20:17:30

YANBU. We lived in the block of flats next to my SIL when DS1 was small & MIL would go round there almost daily. She would never pop into see us unless specifically invited & we were never invited over to SIL's. I found it weird but don't think it was deliberate, it's just how they are - rude & thoughtless! Your sisters are probably different though. Maybe wutker's right & it's just a misunderstanding? Invite yourself over or ask them into you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now