Talk

Advanced search

to expect a phonics teaching toy to say the right sounds.

(8 Posts)
scrappydappydoo Thu 13-Jan-11 17:58:07

DD1 is learning all her letter sounds at school - we had a meeting that emphasised that you have to use the right sound so mmmm rather than 'm'ur or sssss instead of 's'ur.

My mum brought her this toy for xmas and dd1 has just pointed out they're saying the wrong sounds. I didn't expect something deeply intellectually challenging but if they're saying it teaches phonics then they surely they should use the right phonic sounds??? hmm

mozette Thu 13-Jan-11 18:53:13

I knew that link would go to the peppa pig toy! My dd has also commented on it. Also it says "press a key" to play and of course dd always presses K which has a picture of a key on it hmm

scrappydappydoo Thu 13-Jan-11 19:30:12

LOL my dd does that as well.. ah well at least it shows she's learned something if she can tell the difference!

researchinmotion Thu 13-Jan-11 19:58:27

Wasn't this on TWS?

I seem to remember them pressing one button over and over again.

MirandaGoshawk Thu 13-Jan-11 20:00:22

Ha ha, my FIL bought DS some little toy computer thing to teach her sounds & the voice was Japanese - v. confusing!

scrappydappydoo Thu 13-Jan-11 22:10:22

TWS??

researchinmotion Fri 14-Jan-11 08:54:27

Sorry, The Wright Stuff.

scrappydappydoo Fri 14-Jan-11 12:43:58

Ah I see.. don't watch that. Was it a problem with the phonic sounds or the 'key' thing? And if it has been pointed out - why haven't they changed it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now