Talk

Advanced search

The though of going back to work send me to tears

(4 Posts)
wanaBmrsBrown Wed 12-Jan-11 13:21:31

I dont know what i am really asking for as i thik i know what i have to do which is go back to work but i just burst intp tears when i think baout leaving my lil girl. I do not have any family local that can help so she would have to go to a nursey which i think will benefit her learning, although i do take her to play groups and swimming groups. My partner really dosent earn a lot at all, but will we benefit with me working, or will this all go on childcare cost?
We need to move i brought a one bed flat years ago which i need to sell asap, so this is a major reason why i think i should go back to work, but i really cant bare the though of leaving her, but i dont know what to do. What are you thoughts? confused

mutznutz Wed 12-Jan-11 13:23:05

Have you both sat down and looked at your finances inside and out? Is there anywhere you two could pull your belts in?

FrequentNutter Wed 12-Jan-11 13:28:26

Would you earn more than your partner if you worked?

If so why does he not be a sahd!

Look at the cost of childcare and work out if it would be a viable option.

Factor in Child Tax Credits and Working Tax Credits as this will supplement your income.

wanaBmrsBrown Wed 12-Jan-11 13:30:14

This is what we need to do tonight i have already rang and said we must sit down later, i want to go through our bills and see if we can get anything cheaper.
I dont know how to find out what help we can get if i go back, it would only be part time 3 and hlaf days a week. But i have not left her at all yet and i just don't know if i can!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: