Talk

Advanced search

To think 5 changes of office in 2 and a half years is too much?

(11 Posts)
saturdaynightpants Wed 12-Jan-11 09:57:30

Getting so fed up with work. As I am part time, I seem to be the least valued. I have now been told I have to move my desk/office AGAIN. Thats 5 different spots in 2 and a half years. I just want somewhere to make mine. I feel so demoralised.

Littlefish Wed 12-Jan-11 10:00:38

YABU - It's an office, not a home.

That's only a move every 6 months. Are you staying in the same building/town each time?

kreecherlivesupstairs Wed 12-Jan-11 10:05:19

Agree with littlefish. They aren't asking you to pack your whole house up every six months.

BettyCash Wed 12-Jan-11 10:05:59

YABU

saturdaynightpants Wed 12-Jan-11 10:18:11

I do move buildings. Also I have a lot of things and texts etc to move. I am a senior academic at a uni.

same town though.

kreecherlivesupstairs Wed 12-Jan-11 10:21:48

Unless you have to physically move loads of books and filing cabinets, YA still BU.

saturdaynightpants Wed 12-Jan-11 10:23:20

I have to box up my whole kit and kaboodle each time - the files, the shelves, the computer and phone. We have a lot of paper and texts etc. It confuses the students as well when they cant find me (although that can be an advantage)

Mumwithadragontattoo Wed 12-Jan-11 10:32:12

YANBU - it is a real pain when all you want to do is get on with your work. I've moved less than this but with a lot of papers etc it is a pain.

Takeresponsibility Wed 12-Jan-11 10:34:12

YABU

Some people at my work have had to apply for their own jobs three times in the last year.

And we hot desk.

And we could be in any one of three different countries on any given day or night.

And we are facing a 20% reduction in staff over the next four years, with an estimated 25% increase in work.

You don't know how lucky you are.

P.S. And I know I shouldn't start a sentence with a conjunction.

saturdaynightpants Wed 12-Jan-11 10:45:19

My job isnt secure...thats a separate issue.

saturdaynightpants Wed 12-Jan-11 10:46:01

lol has anyone ever seen how MUCH stuff we academics have?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now