Talk

Advanced search

"I can't sleep without you"

(11 Posts)
ScotlandR Wed 12-Jan-11 02:04:07

"It's your fault I'm tired today, you didn't cuddle me until I fell asleep last night"

from my DP.

I seriously considered poking him in the eye.

AIBUR?!

outnumbered2to1 Wed 12-Jan-11 02:06:44

i was smiling at this post cos its the same excuse my DS1 (6) used last night when i told him he couldn't sleep in my bed.....

as for DP - give him a swift elbow in the ribs or accidentally slap him in the face as you turn over....

ILoveItWhenYouCallMeBoo Wed 12-Jan-11 02:09:14

buy him a blow up doll and put a wig on her. or tell him to go back to his mummy.

tallwivglasses Wed 12-Jan-11 02:09:15

He's obviously not doing enough in the day to get knackered enough.

Write him a list! YANNBU

wuggglemump Wed 12-Jan-11 02:09:16

Never mind poking in the eye, I'd go for kneeing in the bollocks

ScotlandR Wed 12-Jan-11 02:14:25

I am an insomniac. I have been an insomniac since I was about seven. I was an insomniac when he met me. I was an insomniac when he fell in love with me. I have probably not slept all night in the same bed as him more than half the time we've been together.

But he has recently decided that he cannot sleep without me there to cuddle him to sleep.

He was away for a week at his parents house with DD after christmas and managed just fine. It's only in the two weeks since he came back.

I think my DP has finally hit his terrible twos hmm

ScotlandR Wed 12-Jan-11 02:15:27

LMFAO tall I might do that, just to see the look on his face.

outnumbered2to1 Wed 12-Jan-11 02:16:37

insomniacs R us scotlandR - - mine is linked to the waxing and waning of the full moon although having said that i have had a bout 3 hours of sleep since sunday...

ScotlandR Wed 12-Jan-11 02:26:12

DP can fall asleep waiting for the kettle to boil to make a cup of tea. Luckily so can DD (she has all the best qualities of both of us, suspect I should stop there or the next one'll be all the worst... Insomniac like me and insane like it's father)

All of which means that night time is the weird and wonderful time where I can go to the loo without being interrupted and look at Hello! without being asked "why is she showing her creases?" (again, DP as opposed to DD)

And now I'm supposed to WASTE an hour, cuddling DP to sleep? Hahahaha... I think not.

outnumbered2to1 Wed 12-Jan-11 02:35:08

my DS2 can fall asleep in a instant. Almost as soon as his head hits the pillow. He has actually dozed off in the bath twice before too.

DS1 is a night hawk like me though...

ScotlandR Wed 12-Jan-11 02:42:30

I remember my little brother falling asleep in his custard at school! He awoke to a yellow, sticky face!

The problem is that I am fundamentally antisocial, and having someone want attention at night (even my own DC) would annoy me. I can't get away in the day - there postmen and telemarketers and dozens of other people I have to interact with. So night is time to be FREE!

Thing is, DD is very solemn and quiet, and on the one or two occasions she has stayed up for an hour or so with me, she will just read or play very quietly. Sometimes she just sits and thinks (should a four year old be doing that? I'm not sure that too much thinking is healthy) and is generally quite quiet and sombre.

I could easily put up with her being a night owl, but if the next one is all loud and bouncy and full of beans like their father... Euuurgh.

That's the problem with children, they're not made to order.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now