Talk

Advanced search

To mourn my legs...

(12 Posts)
PieMinister Tue 11-Jan-11 23:59:42

They used to be quite the man-magnet, but they have not aged well, or responded kindly to weight gain. I just saw myself in a mirror and realised they look like the legs of a medieval court jester.

mutznutz Wed 12-Jan-11 00:02:49

No I think we should both raise a glass to the memory of your legs and my smooth skinned face...I caught site of myself in the mirror earlier and someone has replaced it with a map of the underground hmm

So lets get drunk and ban mirrors grin

Feelingsensitive Wed 12-Jan-11 00:02:54

oh dear grin

Mine are not looking so good either and as for my stomach ......

WimpleOfTheBallet Wed 12-Jan-11 00:05:59

My legs look like a Medieval Court!

wuggglemump Wed 12-Jan-11 00:07:43

Mine were never good.
Fat and lumpy thighs. They look like a bad bread and butter pudding, and the under the knee part now are streaked with blue veins.
The knees?
Yup, fat and saggy.
Jeans/trousers/tights/leg coverings are my friend.

mutznutz Wed 12-Jan-11 00:08:39

Lmao @ 'bread and butter pudding!!'

wuggglemump Wed 12-Jan-11 00:09:51

Think cold porridge/overdone bobbly scrambled egg.......that's my thighs and buttsad
Bleergh.

outnumbered2to1 Wed 12-Jan-11 00:12:11

becaue i used to cycle everywhere (before DC) my calf muscles where quite well toned and defined. My DS1 pointed out a few weeks ago that my legs are "like your trifle mummy - all wobbly and bumpy"

mutznutz Wed 12-Jan-11 00:14:13

I think it's ok at times to actually hate children lol grin

animula Wed 12-Jan-11 00:16:43

Yup. I have been ... surprised ... by the inexorability of the ageing process over the last few years. Each morning seems to bring a new disappointment: Like a particularly unpleasant cat, really.

And of course, it is merely the harbinger of mortality.

The good thing, of course, is that you're still here to be made a little despondent by it all. the sad bit, i suppose, is to look back, and reflect on the all-too swift passing of youth.

Youth. Life. All of it.

is that all there is?

mutznutz Wed 12-Jan-11 00:19:15

I think the saying 'youth is wasted on the young' is probably the truest one!!

Looking back at my teenage/20's photos I was god damn sexy!...if only I had known it at the time hmm

PieMinister Wed 12-Jan-11 02:01:01

Exactly mutznutz...

At the time, though, I always had me legs, even though I hated being flat if chest, messy of hair, nerdish of demeanour .... Not any more ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now