Talk

Advanced search

to think that dh should be able to remember things about his family if I can?

(5 Posts)
bibbitybobbityhat Mon 10-Jan-11 22:10:02

Tonight dh decides to ring his mum. He is quite good about this and keeps in touch every week or 10 days or so.

But tonight is his Mum's yoga night. She has been going to yoga on a Monday night for at least two years. More like three. How come I would remember this before ringing when he can't?

I will not mention the fact that he suggests we have quiche, or pizza, or cheese sandwiches, every time his parents come to stay for a weekend, when his dm cannot eat cheese because it gives her migraines and I have known this about her for the 20+ years we have been married and yet somehow it hasn't made a permanent mark in dh's brain yet

<<and relax>>

charliesmommy Mon 10-Jan-11 22:18:55

does he say "oh yeah, I forgot about that".. in a bewildered innocent way...

I have one that does that too...

rinabean Mon 10-Jan-11 22:26:29

He's obviously someone who learns by making mistakes, not by being told. He can't ever actually make the mistake because you're too competent, so he never learns. Maybe try letting him ring and get no answer? Then it'll stick. Don't let him actually give his mum cheese, but maybe let him offer and have her have to tell him she can't have it? Thing is, I know I know someone like this, but I can't think who, so maybe I shouldn't be giving memory advice.

blackeyedsusan Mon 10-Jan-11 22:26:58

aaaggghhhh

me: Did you remember to ring your mother, she is having her operation tomorrow?

dh: Is she?

I am not sure if yanbu because he should damn well remember or yabu to have such high expectations of your dh.

bibbitybobbityhat Mon 10-Jan-11 22:27:48

Yip, charlies.

At Christmas we were driving the 100+ miles to his parents. I usually drive but on this occasion he was going to. He could not remember how to start the journey.

Perhaps I should be worried?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: