Talk

Advanced search

Do you check your online shopping?

(8 Posts)
emmanana Mon 10-Jan-11 17:17:24

Me? not normally.
There was a promotion at supermarket (ryhmes with Japanese car), where John Freida shampoo/conditioner were on special offer at 3 for £10 instead of £5.50 each. So I ordered 3 of each, keep me going for a while.

Unpacking my shopping, I noticed there were 3 shampoos and one conditioner. So then I looked at the delivery note. It said I had ordered 3, but just one had been delivered. (and charged at £5.50)
I then noticed the shampoos had been charged at full price, so £16.50 for the three.
So, I should have paid £20 and got 6 bottles, not £22 for 4.

I rang customer services, they were very good. They are not going to charge me for the conditioner, and refund the promo difference. Total of £17.50. The maths is now confusing me, but think I came off best £5 for 6 bottles :-)) (will beleive it when the refund comes through)
I normally only briefly glance at the delivery note, knowing what I have ordered, and from the total on confirmation email,but will be going through it all with a fine tooth comb in the future.
Do other Mnetters normally check the delivery note really carefully?

Saltire Mon 10-Jan-11 17:19:13

I do, especially Asda, as they are always short or things missing

MillyMollyMardy Mon 10-Jan-11 17:21:10

Always, I shop at the one that rhymes with tatoswink and there is often a mistake.

Annoyingly you can order in advance and there is a promotion but by the time your delivery comes the offer is over so doesn't stand.

Lynli Mon 10-Jan-11 17:21:32

Always and every till receipt.

Saltire Mon 10-Jan-11 17:22:39

I'm struggling just now to understand why things I am ordering for shopping to be delivered in 2 weeks are showing as unavailiable! My basket for 2 weeks today has 1/3 of items showing as unavailiable

Catsmamma Mon 10-Jan-11 17:25:10

Me too, and also till receipts

I am often straight to customer services before I leave! hmm

Every little helps....helps them, robbing swines!

emmanana Mon 10-Jan-11 17:31:47

Lesson learned! Never normally have a prob with them, only noticed as was expecting 6 bottles. But looks like I came out on top. It does make me wonder who does the personal shopping though sometimes. Don't think it's someone who cooks, runs a household. Ordered fresh ginger once, substitute - ginger cake? (didn't send back - enjoyed with a cup of tea :-) Then ordered a joint of meat, parsnips, veg etc. Obviously a roast dinner going on there.They didn't have the potatoes I wanted (2.5kg) so were substituted with potato salad. One 200g pot. :-o

PorridgeBrain Mon 10-Jan-11 18:48:25

I do as I was using Asda, who messed it up every single week with missing shopping and extras not ordered. Don't use them any more because of this but this experience now makes me check every order even though Tesco seem to get it right normally

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: