Talk

Advanced search

To be having a chilled day with DS2

(6 Posts)
TheLadyEvenstar Mon 10-Jan-11 12:47:52

Before going to wait for contractors at the new place from 2pm-5pm?

He has been an absoloute angel in the last 2 weeks with being in the new flat where we have very little of anyones belongings. Just 2 toys boxes and a tv.

But he has never known another home so is quite confused tbh.

I decided this morning to have a lazy day until I had to go out iyswim?

Also how do you prepare a 3yr old for complete change of everything they know?

mutznutz Mon 10-Jan-11 12:54:24

Do you think anyone's going to say YABU? grin

I moved when my son was 3. It was a complete change but I didn't even think about it...nor did he. He was too excited with his new surroundings. Having said that, we were still near family.

TheLadyEvenstar Mon 10-Jan-11 12:58:19

Mutz, He is excited but atm is referring to both as "home"

I just am all over the place, trying to make sure both the boys rooms are ready especially DS1's as I am worried how he will cope - he hates change.

I feel like I ABU as there is so much to do still.

sofaqueenie Mon 10-Jan-11 13:11:02

Aw how lovely, it's fantastic that he's been so well behaved.

Hope the move goes OK and you've had a lovely morning.

TheLadyEvenstar Mon 10-Jan-11 13:12:39

Sofa, have had a wonderful morning of him wrecking the place lol

HappySeven Mon 10-Jan-11 13:48:17

We've moved twice in 6 months and had a baby in that time. My son turned 4 just after the first move and took the whole thing in his stride. I think he was relaxed because we acted like it was normal. He occasionally asks when we're going to move again (NEVER!) and his friends ask their parents why they can't have a new house. I think it's less of a problem to most children than we think.

Oh, he did have one concern and that was how his toys were going to get to the new house. Once that was sorted he quite happily went to nursery from one house and came home to another. Perhaps it's worth pointing out that all his/your things and you will be at the new house?

I hope it all goes well for you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: