Talk

Advanced search

To my neighbour ('though I don't know which one yet) If you want a tom cat as your pet, you should get him castrated!!

(34 Posts)
illgetyoubutler Mon 10-Jan-11 10:24:52

..Because it would save the outside of my house stinking of your manky cat's urine.
I mean for pity sakes, it is really getting to me.
Do me a favour, take your cat down to the vets and have its bollocks chopped off.
Your being a fucking lazy owner.

angry

3Of1And1OfTheOther Mon 10-Jan-11 10:33:07

YANBU its disgusting and so are the piles of poo that keep appearing in my bark.....

purplepidjin Mon 10-Jan-11 10:37:06

blush I saw the title and thought you my neighbour!!

My cat is neutered, but had a mahoosive fight with a fat white ugly thing outside the terrace yesterday angry

Smell is gross, though - and dangerous to any quean under a year who hasn't been speyed yet!

clayre Mon 10-Jan-11 10:37:45

YANBU my house is stinking of piss as the resident Tom has sprayed my front door, I got my female kitten neutered last week to try and get him to fek off, but he's back!!!

blondieno1 Mon 10-Jan-11 10:38:22

Yanbu my porch door doesn't close properly so when the postie comes, door stays open, cat comes in pisses everywhere then fucks off home!!!

clayre Mon 10-Jan-11 10:38:42

Oh, and the won't get his balls chopped off as they think it's cruel!

madonnawhore Mon 10-Jan-11 10:40:30

Is it definitely your neighbour's cat? Tomcats normally don't bother spraying their immediate territory, they just mark the boundary edges of it which can be as far as two/three miles away. It might be someone else's cat.

blondieno1 Mon 10-Jan-11 10:42:10

Oh and to add to that he also likes to attack my young neutered male!!! He's covered in scratches and bites poor little thing!!

kreecherlivesupstairs Mon 10-Jan-11 10:49:51

Could be we share a neighbour. Our over emotionals next door seem to have aquired a new one while we were away. They now either have ten or replaced one with new boy so have the original nine. Whatever the number, one of them is still intact. It had peed all over the fridge that I am waiting to take to the dump.

illgetyoubutler Mon 10-Jan-11 10:50:09

This particular cat has sprayed (which I have witnessed with my own eyes):
My front door
The plants round the front of my house
My back door
My DC's trampoline and slide (and any other toy that I leave in garden for the DC to play with in the warmer weather)
My bins
The car
The fence
The shed......you get the idea.
But the one that really really made me seeth, was when I had my 6 month old son's blanket on the lawn. The cat walked towards the blanket, looked at me, and whilst I tried to shoo the damn thing away, defiantly squatted and pissed all over it!! I was standing 3 fucking feet away!

thenightsky Mon 10-Jan-11 10:54:30

Tom Cat spray is the worse smell in the world. It makes me heave. One you smell it, it seems to stay in your nose for days. Can you not make your neighbour come round and clean up? Or whip the bloody thing down to the PDSA or something?

redpanda13 Mon 10-Jan-11 10:54:50

The cats protection league neuter ahem feral cats. They tell you what vets do it and neuter them for nothing.You capture the cat in a basket. You then return the neutered cat to the original site. If you do not know what neighbour it belongs to maybe it is feral? wink

illgetyoubutler Mon 10-Jan-11 10:55:41

It's not just the spraying and the smell that fucks me off, its everything else with that fucking cat as well.
It prowls the area (we live in a cul-de-sac) constantly yowling. All. The. Time.
Reminds me of the documentaries of the African Male Lion.
Then its constantly fighting with the other cats on the street.
Its always got some poor cat backed up against a car or fence or wall.
This isnt just through the day, its at night and the early hours as well.
Its woken us up on more than one occasion, and starts off at 6 in the morning.

talkingnonsense Mon 10-Jan-11 10:56:29

Red panda I was about to suggest the exact same thing! Op, if it is spraying in your garden, it is clearly feral! Catch it and vet it!

clayre Mon 10-Jan-11 10:59:09

We were thinking of catching and vetting, but what if it's microchipped?

illgetyoubutler Mon 10-Jan-11 11:03:03

Oh yes, it certainly does stay in your nose.
How could I forget this one??!
When getting DD out of the car last week, her scarf fell onto the ground, and didnt get picked up/seen until my husband went to the car the next day to leave for work.
He brought back her scarf, and because it was muddy from the floor I put it straight into the washing basket. It was slighty damp.
Next day, I go to wash it. As soon as I open the basket lid, the most overpowering stentch of cat piss hit me like a wall, and I realised that that manky fucking cat had territorilly marked it with its piss.
I was livid. It was an overreaction, but I was on the brink of tears!
The basket still mildly smells.

blondieno1 Mon 10-Jan-11 11:03:05

And how would we catch him? He really doesn't like people, he'll give you the filthiest looks then saunter off with his huge balls swinging between his legs!!

illgetyoubutler Mon 10-Jan-11 11:04:37

Ferel, you know what, the cat has a collor on.
A blue one with a bell.
As if we didnt know the shit was male(!)

theevildead2 Mon 10-Jan-11 11:05:03

YANBU

I suspect cats protection would try and fix it anyway! How pathetic to keep an amimal and not castrate it when we know how many healthy animals have to be put down every year.
(although: devil's advocate here)

Are you sure he belongs to somebody? Just being fat doesn't mean he isn't feral.

Also I had a male cat who contined to spray even after being done, are you sure he hasn't been fixed?

theevildead2 Mon 10-Jan-11 11:06:22

xposted about the collar and the mahoosive swinging balls lol!

illgetyoubutler Mon 10-Jan-11 11:07:14

Redpanda, I mean...not ferel..

theevildead2 Mon 10-Jan-11 11:07:26

Get it fixed. The family won't even notice.

You can borrow humane traps for aninmals that how we rescued out two (actually feral) cats

illgetyoubutler Mon 10-Jan-11 11:07:43

Redpanda. I mean...not ferel..

illgetyoubutler Mon 10-Jan-11 11:09:41

Its definatly not been done.
Its nuts are huge.
Id love to know who he belongs to...but then I suppose what could I do anyway, other than leave a polite note through the door?

illgetyoubutler Mon 10-Jan-11 11:14:13

Thats the thing evildead, it is pathetic.
All my cas have been bought from animal shelters, and have been rescue cats, as are the two cats I currently own.
There are so many cats that get put down or are unwanted, there really is no need to have a complete male or female.
I saw not too long back, the neighbours cat opposite me had a litter of kittens.
Some of them looked near identical to the male tom.
So they let their female run around un spayed?
Why??

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: