Talk

Advanced search

Am I Being Unreasonable?

(23 Posts)
ILovedYou Mon 10-Jan-11 05:24:28

Hi

To cut a long story short, my SN child is poorly. Therefore he is unable to start his new school today. My son's new class teacher has informed me the SN transport guide is a horrible person. It is procedure that when a child is ill one must inform school before transport arrives.

I have been a bit anxious about meeting this guide and i want to see what she is about asap.

AIBU if i just let the SN transport arrrive then inform the guide my son is unbale to attend school today?

I really have to see this woman (very, very horrid expereience previously with guide at other school).

Thanks x

ILovedYou Mon 10-Jan-11 05:25:07

unable

ILovedYou Mon 10-Jan-11 05:25:48

experience

ffs 5.30 am

Yawn..

ILovedYou Mon 10-Jan-11 05:28:36

oh gawd

arrive

Katey1010 Mon 10-Jan-11 05:33:24

Might be a self fulfilling prophesy. You don't follow procedure, she gets annoyed, acts poorly, she is a bad person. Is your DC able to communicate if they have a bad experience with a person...

ILovedYou Mon 10-Jan-11 05:35:57

Thank you Katey.
No he isn't able to communicate...

Katey1010 Mon 10-Jan-11 05:40:50

I can understand why you are so worried. Can you tell them not to come today because he isn`t well, and ask to meet the guide. If the guide is good and understanding, they may be happy to meet you.

What did the teacher say about the guide... I think it`s a bit unprofessional to set up your relationship with the guide like that. Do you know any of the other parents with SN DC... Could you ask them...

ILovedYou Mon 10-Jan-11 05:45:26

I am very very anxious about the new school. I applied for my son to go to another school and at tribunal we were refused. The new teacher senses my anxieties becasue of past vile experience and i feel she is merely trying to gain control in our relationship. If that makes sense. Her comments of this guide were that she has known the guide for 20 yers and it took a while for them to get on as she frightened her to death!
This teacher is unprofessional in her remarks and i feel i should report her to the headteacher.

I let so many incidents go at the other school i am beside myself with worry that history will repeat. Great start...

ILovedYou Mon 10-Jan-11 05:46:41

I do not know any of the other parents yet and i will ask if it is possible to meet the guide. Good idea.

Plumm Mon 10-Jan-11 05:48:51

I agree with Katey. Follow procedure and ask if you can meet the guide.

ILovedYou Mon 10-Jan-11 05:54:35

Thanks Plumm.

Should i report this teacher's comments?

Katey1010 Mon 10-Jan-11 05:56:32

You never know with people. I worked with SN adults and found that some of the most intimidating people (to other staff) could be wonderful with the clients. Maybe the guide is like that.

Don`t let your horrible experience with the other school be the only thing. Give the new school and people a chance.

Good luck. I have to go now, trying to get a 6 week old to sleep!

ILovedYou Mon 10-Jan-11 05:58:32

Thank you Katey! smile

tabulahrasa Mon 10-Jan-11 08:19:08

maybe her and the teacher just don't get on -it happens, doesn't mean she's horrible

I'd take the - it took her a while to get on because she was frightened as meaning that she might come across as a bit scary, but is actually ok

ILovedYou Mon 10-Jan-11 08:44:13

yes - you were all correct and i have spoken to the teacher this morning. Thank you.

ILovedYou Mon 10-Jan-11 11:28:54

All seems fine and dandy now!!!

Katey1010 Mon 10-Jan-11 16:48:20

I`m so glad. I hope this is the beginning of a better time for you at this school.

Punkatheart Mon 10-Jan-11 16:51:24

It's a shame that the teacher set up such negative preconceptions.....glad that it worked out and I hope that your child will have a wonderful time at their new school. New things, especially with your children, can be so angst-ridden....

ILovedYou Mon 10-Jan-11 17:53:35

Thank you smile

Katey -How was baby this morning? Get off to sleep ok?

Katey1010 Mon 10-Jan-11 19:48:32

Thanks for asking. She was fine and slept in so I got a lie in, clever girl!

ILovedYou Tue 11-Jan-11 16:28:28

smile She gets it from her her Mommy!

charliesmommy Tue 11-Jan-11 16:33:25

" Her comments of this guide were that she has known the guide for 20 yers and it took a while for them to get on as she frightened her to death!
This teacher is unprofessional in her remarks and i feel i should report her to the headteacher"

Are you sure you arent reading too much into the remark. It may have been an off the cuff comment, to put you at your ease. ie "the guide may be a bit abrupt, or her bark is worse than her bite"..

It hardly seems reason to go reporting this woman to the head, unless you want to get yourself off to a crap start with a teacher who was trying to be a human being and put your anxieties at bay.

ILovedYou Tue 11-Jan-11 16:45:40

AS i aid i have had an awful experience before with a guide. My child was assualted and bleeding and the police and child prtection were involved.
I was anxious and my mind has been put at rest.

The teacher is lovely.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: