Talk

Advanced search

to thinks singing toys for children should be in tune?

(15 Posts)
mousymouse Sun 09-Jan-11 09:07:56

dd got a talking toy for christmas and it is horrible. the singing voice is so out of tune it hurts my ears. and it wasn*t even a cheap thing...I am considering complaining to vtech...

TheArmadillo Sun 09-Jan-11 09:11:33

I thought the point was to make them as painful and annoying to adults as possible. THey're just fulfilling that. wink

earwicga Sun 09-Jan-11 09:12:47

YABU for having batteries in the toy

FredFredGeorge Sun 09-Jan-11 21:21:21

YABU Otherwise it'll just teach your DC to laugh at the amusia sufferers who try and sing to them later.

(Not really, yes they should be in tune...)

WimpleOfTheBallet Sun 09-Jan-11 21:35:01

Which one is it?

Serennos Sun 09-Jan-11 22:29:20

DS has a couple of Vtech toys that are hopelessly out of tune- figure it makes me round better, so I don't mind that much!

Serennos Sun 09-Jan-11 22:30:02

sound better, even!

mamasmissionimpossible Sun 09-Jan-11 22:39:21

YANBU at all ! It is one of my pet hates, that toys sing out of tune. I have thrown out some toys of the dc's that assault my ears, with their out of tune drone. Vtech being the guilty culprits.

MardyBra Mon 10-Jan-11 01:07:31

YANBU
But I'd also say the same thing about some pop stars - especially Duffy's inability to hit a note right on.

MadamDeathstare Mon 10-Jan-11 01:46:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Stangirl Mon 10-Jan-11 07:29:09

YANBU

Although I have a rotating mirror thingy that plays out of tune/out of time jazz which I'm rather fond of. Sounds like it's drunk.

Longtalljosie Mon 10-Jan-11 07:55:38

Have you tried changing the batteries?

Horopu Mon 10-Jan-11 07:59:43

Have you tried losing the batteries?wink

kreecherlivesupstairs Mon 10-Jan-11 09:11:52

I'd advocate a battery loss too. DD had numerous screechy noisy toys that the batteries ran out on long before they should. I used the excuse that I couldn't find the same size anywhere. For years. She was astonished when she came shopping with me years later that duracell is available.

mousymouse Mon 10-Jan-11 09:24:19

yes I know, I will remove the batteries (when I can find the blardy screwdriver).
I just find it bad. if a parent/grandparend can only sing out of tune it*s all right. but if I pay good money (well the gp did) for a toy then I expect it to be of good quality. and that includes the quality of the singing.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: