Talk

Advanced search

To be awake now? I always stay up late and hardly ever sleep in - cos I just can't sleep!

(14 Posts)
Catnao Sun 09-Jan-11 01:40:23

I just wish I wasn't the only nocturnal sometimes! Going to lie down in the dark now, as that is the advice I keep getting....

LovePinkBitsOfMyHorse Sun 09-Jan-11 01:46:12

I can't sleep either, staring at this screen isn't helping but at least there's less thinking

Catnao Sun 09-Jan-11 01:59:34

Glad it's not just me! I find myself now comenting on things when I really shouldn't! Must go and get a good book off the shelf!!

I can't sleep either.... it's pants.

Catnao Sun 09-Jan-11 02:03:01

Comenting? Lol! I can't even spell now! Good night! Cxx

Catnao Sun 09-Jan-11 02:04:15

PS - Bet I CAN sleep at seven o'clock tomorrow morning! Cx

JustForThisOne Sun 09-Jan-11 02:22:34

same here sad

FlorenceAndTheMachine Sun 09-Jan-11 04:28:12

I have woken up too early. Need more sleep

ChippingIn Sun 09-Jan-11 06:12:50

What on earth makes you think you're the only nocturnal? I still haven't slept 'tonight' (now this morning) and I don't think I've had more than 3 hours sleep any 'night' this week

Not competitive non sleeping - I'm just getting fed up of it!! Grrr

I cannot just lie down in a dark room - my thoughts are too sad to deal with in the dark.

We don't have cable and I need background TV - there is currently 4 channels of kids cartoons and depressing news.

I too can probably sleep around 7 - but I know I'm likely to have a knock at the door about 9.... sigh.

barleywood Sun 09-Jan-11 06:20:54

Definitely not the only nocturnal

onceamai Sun 09-Jan-11 07:31:00

Slept last night but waking up 3ish lately and can't get back. Might go to doctor this week and see if can get something for sleep/flushes.

GrizzlyMacDuff Sun 09-Jan-11 07:38:33

catnao do you find it worse in the winter? you might need more sunlight, so your body recognises day/night. If you spend a lot of time indoors, your body may think there is more night than there is and by real night be all discombobulated.

Think it is a symptom of SAD but not sure, just know a couple of people who can't sleep and its more of a winter problem.

GrizzlyMacDuff Sun 09-Jan-11 07:39:03

(btw, i am often awake in the night but i shall blame that lack of sleeping baby)

JustForThisOne Mon 10-Jan-11 23:29:10

Grizzly .. SAD has s/t to do with it and yes it is worse in winter...than again on a sunny day it happens I do not even realise that is bright outside...uhmm.. have a feeling this is may be called depression though wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now