Talk

Advanced search

To be a little worried about my friend?

(16 Posts)
midori1999 Sun 09-Jan-11 00:21:51

Sorry, second post in AIBU in two days... blush

My friend is having her first baby and has had some complications including GD and high blood pressure. She was due to be induced yesterday morning and was nervous, so I sent her a text early yesterday morning to say good luck and not to worry, plus I'd be thinking of her. I didn't expect a reply but she replied saying she'd actually been admitted the might before due to BP and severe headache.

She was due for induction at 7.30am an dtext me later to say they'd used a pessary. She text me a few times yesterday, the last time around 3.30pm to say nothing happening, she was a bit bored etc. I last text her at 7.30pm to see how she was and got no reply, so I assumed something was happening.

I still haven't heard from her and was reluctant to text assuming either she was still in labour, had had baby and just didn't feel like texting or had had an emergency c-section or something. I did just send her a text earlier this evening to say I didn't expect any reply but was thinking of her.

I still haven't heard and I have to admit I am a little worried, maybe due to my own history. I haven't been induced myself before so am not sure how it works. Am I just being silly to worry? I'm hoping she's just too shattered to text/I am not on her list of priorities.

LoopyLoopsIsNoLongerFestive Sun 09-Jan-11 00:23:28

Or her battery could have run out?

Hope she's OK.

if shes been there a few days, her battery may be flat. Cam you text her other half or leave a message at her home?

charliesmommy Sun 09-Jan-11 00:25:39

She probably didnt take her phone charger with her.

mutznutz Sun 09-Jan-11 00:28:04

She might have been told to turn her phone off as it interferes with the monitors.

mrsfollowill Sun 09-Jan-11 00:30:31

Hopefully she's ok - I was induced on a Wednesday am - but did not deliver until 12.05 Sat am aka the middle of the bloody night! Sometimes these things take longer than you think grin. A couple of our mates got a bit arsey thinking we had not included them in the 'announcement'call/text!

FudgeGirl Sun 09-Jan-11 00:30:53

I wouldn't have expected a reply from my lovely SIL when she had my niece a few months back, poor girl was two weeks overdue, only found out she was pregnant at six months, and ended up having a very long induced labour that ended up with her tearing.

DB luckily was able to text (I was in Ibiza at the time) to say what was going on, but I don't think SIL would have been able or willing TBH.

I'm sure she's ok and probably off her head on meds or sleeping.

midori1999 Sun 09-Jan-11 00:39:29

Thanks, yes her battery could have run out. I don't want to text her DH as I am reluctant to bother them.

Hopefully all is well and it is/will be good news and I'm sure they'll let me know when they're ready. Hard not to worry though, not least as she was so scared of labour that it'd be awful if it was long and drawn out for her or went badly. sad

Chil1234 Sun 09-Jan-11 07:43:00

Like mrsfollowill I'd expect that being induced is taking longer than you think. In my case it took 4 days as well. Where I was, once induced, you're transferred to the labour ward and they may not allow phones there. Why not text her DH? He's probably bored stiff waiting for something to happen.

Pheebe Sun 09-Jan-11 08:50:04

Can you phone the hospital?

pommedeterre Sun 09-Jan-11 09:48:13

I was induced Monday morning and finally had dd wrenched from me with the aid of all medical instruments available on wednesday morning.
I got dh to smuggle a phone charger into the hospital.
Agree on contact dh - that's what everyone did with us.

midori1999 Sun 09-Jan-11 11:40:26

Thanks, she's definitely allowed her phone in the labour ward.

I'm reluctant to text her DH as I don't want to be a nuisance, but if I haven't heard by tomorrow I think I'll get DH to text him.

SkyBluePearl Sun 09-Jan-11 12:10:08

shes maybe in the throws of labour now or with a new baby. exhausted.

midori1999 Mon 10-Jan-11 20:07:07

Just in case anyone was wondering, my friend had a baby boy weighing 7lb 7oz yesterday evening. grin

I feel a little sad for her that they scared her so much telling her the baby was going to be huge, but at least she's got it over with.

TubbyDuffs Mon 10-Jan-11 20:09:07

Aaaw thanks for the update. x

LoopyLoopsIsNoLongerFestive Wed 12-Jan-11 09:43:42

Brilliant news

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now