Talk

Advanced search

To wake DD up in the mornings

(5 Posts)
loopylo Fri 07-Jan-11 17:07:20

Normally I wake DD 3 months up around 7 am when DH gets up and we start the day. She is a terrible day time sleeper-I basically take her on two 1-2 hr walks a day so she sleeps at 10.30 ish and 2.30 ish. She has however got increasingly tired during the day and very grumpy. My DH is trying to get me to just let her wake up when she's ready but this morning that was 8.30am-and I was making a lot of noise. She goes to bed normally at 7.30pm ish. I am worried if she gets up late she will stop going to bed at 7.30-I had two 1/2 months of her refusing to sleep until silly o'clock (many nights 3am). Should I just go with the flow and stop unreasonably waking her up OR am I right to start the day at 7 am.

nb she wakes once in the night for a feed. Normally at 3 am ish but last night it was 5 am. Up for 30-45 minutes then (feed and change)

lifeinagoldfishbowl Fri 07-Jan-11 17:09:17

You say you had 2 months of her going to sleep ar silly o'clock but she is only 3 months old!

agedknees Fri 07-Jan-11 17:13:55

TBH I would let her wake up naturally. You can have peace whilst you shower/have breakfast etc.

LisaD1 Fri 07-Jan-11 17:15:44

I would let her sleep until she woke, she is still a very young baby.

TheUnmentioned Fri 07-Jan-11 17:18:51

Let her wake up naturally, I have a dd who is 15 weeks and she sometimes doesnt wake until 830am.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: