Talk

Advanced search

Or is the Emma Bridgewater range really boring and blah looking?

(12 Posts)
WimpleOfTheBallet Thu 06-Jan-11 20:23:48

Can't see the fuss...it all looks dated to me....very 90s.

Shouldn't the designs have moved on a little now? I could buy similar mugs to that "COFFEE" one in Tesco!

The same goes for the spotted one...I know they're cheap imitations but her mugs and crockery are quie expensive and if I'm to pay more then I want original designs.

southeastastra Thu 06-Jan-11 20:24:47

blimey i agree with you so much it's so twee

MilliONaire Thu 06-Jan-11 20:26:07

I thought exactly the same thing last night when I looked at her website after reading a thread here about a broken cup. Pretty boring stuff imo! Though I sort of like the 'dogs' images, mainly because we have a border terrier and my sister has 2 lurchers.

FancyALittle Thu 06-Jan-11 20:26:34

I'm averse to anything with slogans on - chopping boards with 'chop, chop' written on, plates with 'pasta, pizza, garlic bread' circling the outside etc.

I do like the Emma Bridgewater painterly hearts though.

Imarriedafrog Thu 06-Jan-11 20:28:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WimpleOfTheBallet Thu 06-Jan-11 20:32:24

The birds aren't BAD...but that's because I love birdies...grin at the "chop chop" chopping board.

lucky1979 Thu 06-Jan-11 20:34:38

I love the kids ons, I have the dressing up mice bowls and cutlery for DD and think it's very cute.

Not so bothered by the adult stuff though.

WimpleOfTheBallet Thu 06-Jan-11 20:39:34

Well now I'm making myself out to be unreasonable as we have some of the mice stuff too...DD was given a set for her Birthday and I do like that!

LadyOfTheManor Thu 06-Jan-11 20:42:35

You just had to post this now. I've just listed an Emma Bridgewater children's crockery set on the "swap" thread. Now people will think it's crap!

For what it's worth it has dinosaurs on and not bloody multi coloured polka dots!

WimpleOfTheBallet Thu 06-Jan-11 20:48:23

Eeek! Sorry Lady! No...I think we all agree the children's range is lovely! I never even knew there was a swap thread!

LadyOfTheManor Thu 06-Jan-11 20:50:18

On Chat..there is an Christmas present swap thread...where we get rid of crap things we don't want have duplicates of!

Now I fully intend that you join this thread, and offer me something for my Bridgewater set, just so I can see you're not lying

WimpleOfTheBallet Thu 06-Jan-11 20:55:34

Aaagh! I did actually go on there...but have name changed...I was offering a Brio train set quite early on in the thread...but have rid myself of it via gifting it to a friends DS!

I thought there might be another swap thread...a kind f all year round thing like a swap shop where people could get ridof their buggies and bumbo's!

Sadly I have no need of a lovely Emma B dino crockery set Lady...my DDs only like butterfly's and flowers hmm

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: